JUDGING VS CORRECTION<THE TOLERANCE DOCTRINE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

elf3

A couple years ago I went through this. I was studying and reading and taking a couple theology classes. The more I studied and read and learned the bigger my head got. I wasn't just judging people with a pointed finger but with a hammer. I was nailing everyone...bang bang bang. Then God (finally) used His "hammer" and really whacked me a good one. I realized a wasn't judging by God's word but what I "knew". God for sure is the final ultimate judge but we are called to judge the world out of love for others. There is a fine line between judge and correction. We can judge and we can correct but we must only do both according to God's Word and with love. And sometimes love can be harsh and seem "out of line". But we have to admit we also are in the world just not of the world. We need that same harshness against us as Christians sometimes when we do something stupid. It was both the love of God and the discipline of God that brought us to Him.

We walk a fine line and the world will judge and condemn us because of it.

K

kaylagrl

A couple years ago I went through this. I was studying and reading and taking a couple theology classes. The more I studied and read and learned the bigger my head got. I wasn't just judging people with a pointed finger but with a hammer. I was nailing everyone...bang bang bang. Then God (finally) used His "hammer" and really whacked me a good one. I realized a wasn't judging by God's word but what I "knew". God for sure is the final ultimate judge but we are called to judge the world out of love for others. There is a fine line between judge and correction. We can judge and we can correct but we must only do both according to God's Word and with love. And sometimes love can be harsh and seem "out of line". But we have to admit we also are in the world just not of the world. We need that same harshness against us as Christians sometimes when we do something stupid. It was both the love of God and the discipline of God that brought us to Him.

We walk a fine line and the world will judge and condemn us because of it.

Yes it is a fine line to walk.But we have to be salt and light.I think if we rely on our own judgments then we will not have the right spirit.But if we wait on what to say we will have the right spirit.We need to be slow to speak and not jump to conclusions.In other words use discernment.

E

elf3

Yes it is a fine line to walk.But we have to be salt and light.I think if we rely on our own judgments then we will not have the right spirit.But if we wait on what to say we will have the right spirit.We need to be slow to speak and not jump to conclusions.In other words use discernment.
Oh for sure. Rely on the Holy Spirit not on our own "knowledge". Correction and judgement by the Word of God not by our lips.

May 3, 2013
I think Kerry was making a statement, People claim you have to be like them or go to hell (the legalists) he was making a statement about his previous post. putting ordinances on the gospel of CHrist. I could be wrong, but that is what I saw
I can be related to what you said: They said "you must be shaved... you must dress like us... You must do this to be saved, etc"

May 3, 2013
Oh for sure. Rely on the Holy Spirit not on our own "knowledge". Correction and judgement by the Word of God not by our lips.
But, at the same time, we are His lips (and sent ones)...

"..Who heard our message, Lord..."

Feb 7, 2013
As it is written and said by our LORD JESUS CHRIST, in the Gospel, to opposing and contenting believers against HIM, men and women alike, who are gifted, but remain in carnality/flesh and warring against HOLY SPIRIT growth, as also now in 'reminder and stir up of memory' it is again said, for our practices of repentance, that;

"You cannot give what is Good and Holy (of the New Covenant), to dogs, for it will turn around and bite you.'

E

elf3

But, at the same time, we are His lips (and sent ones)...

"..Who heard our message, Lord..."
I should have used the word "thinking" instead of "lips" for better clarification of what I meant.