Just a dream?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 11, 2014
Since I was little, my grandma was my everything like a mom to me. We went to church all the time and she taught me so many things about our lord. When I was little she would always tell me she was talking to god, he always answered her. Without her I wouldn't love god as much as I do today. Many years back she died of cancer and I was BEYOND devastated. I lost my best friend, my second mother, and teacher. After she passed I haven't gone to church very often, but I want to start going again.

After church we would go to the tabernacle and pray it was a beautiful sight. Her faith was the strongest faith I have ever seen in someone. She even had a room she made devoted to god. I miss her everyday and feel she is still with me in spirit. I had this dream after she died and I would like some opinion on it. In the dream it was dark and I was walking down my grandmas hill at her house. I couldn't see anything but this BRIGHT light, it was blinding.

I started walking towards this light, it was so bright and beautiful!!! I found the source of this light it was my grandmother with the sacred heart of Jesus. Her heart was shining so bright and she started walking towards me. Is this a dream, or something more?

N

Nicee

Well that told u who ur grandma is or was. She is a loving
lady.

U

Ugly

Just a dream. Sounds more like your mind projecting a visual image of how you mentally viewed her, a way of processing what you're thinking and feeling.
Sorry, but there is no biblical allowance for the idea that she is 'with you in spirit'. That is a secular type of thinking.

Oct 11, 2014
Thank you for your opinion ugly, but I don't agree that this is a secular type of thinking. I was raised catholic and a part of the catholic teaching is the communion of saints. Which teaches that we can still be in a relationship with those who have died. Because the souls that are destined for heaven aren't really dead. They are part of the body of Christ, and so are we, and so in him we are all connected.

inge

Jun 23, 2012
There is a reason Godgivesmestrenght why Ugly told you this. The bible tels us that asking the dead is wrong, or to paraphrase, to talk to the dead. You can read it in those verses for yourself, so if you have a bible you can search it out.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD Deut 18:10-12

Necromaner: The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead

And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits and unto the wizards, that chirp and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? on behalf of the living (should they seek) unto the dead?

Is. 8:19

The dead will go to the place God prepared, hell or heaven after their death.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Luk16:22,23

And Jesus said unto him (the criminal on the cros), Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Luk23:24

Oct 11, 2014
Thank you Inge, I can see that now and makes sense. :) It obviously was just a dream then showing me how I viewed my grandmother. But please don't take from that thread that I talk to the dead, I most certainly don't lol.