Just a quick prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
I really don't like drawing attention to myself in this way, but...

I can be very hard on myself, especially when I sin. I've gotten a lot better with it, but I become more vulnerable when I'm alone. It takes a great deal of effort & positive thinking to snap myself out of it.

If you would please keep me in prayer, that alone would be appreciated. I know I'm not alone, and any support would mean a lot :)

C

Chinekwu

You know, when you sin and repent of it,no matter how bad...the blood of Christ covers the sin...and God doesn't see the sin anymore,He sees the BLOOD...He sees the price His Son already paid on the cross
And the Bible tells us what God said-"Their sins shall I remember no more"
Being hard on yourself isn't really the answer..It's good to be remorseful,though but......................THERE'S CLEANSING IN THE BLOOD!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and all you ask in Jesus Christ is Lord. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent...
Don't ever feel bad asking for prayer!
Jesus told us to pray for one-another!

P

psychomom

Sweetheart, there is a brother on this site whose posts have helped me with the very same problem. As long as I have walked with the Lord, you would think I might have understood this better by now, though, right? ;)

I have prayed for you, and I will keep praying. I know the Lord has mercy for those of us who won't let go of what He has forgotten!
In my own case (not that this means you, in any way!) I finally saw it as a sort of reverse pride. Why would I seek God, penitent, for forgiveness, and than refuse to do what I asked Him to do?
All my sins, past, present, future, were atoned for at the moment I received salvation In Christ. Did I really think this sin, which surprised me so much, surprised Him?? lol
My guess is that you are, in general, hard on yourself. (and I apologize if that's way out in left field)
But just as you wouldn't be so hard on anyone else you know, you must see yourself as the child of God you are--wholly special, yet like the rest of us. :)
With flaws, and yet with the Holy Spirit of God in you. ♥

If any of this verboseness blesses you--glory to God! If not, round file it. :)
~ellie
xo

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you sweetie....look forward, not backwards :) .

Have you ever tried running forward, while looking backwards? Most people trip or at the very least, it slows them down immensely.

Since God forgives us, we need to learn to forgive ourselves :)

C

CB55

know he iss there for you always, and your christian brothers and siters are also. we love you and call on anyone here anytime

R

redemption

ooh Lucy, I'm totally putting the running looking back & tripping in the vault!!! Thats a gem! Bless your heart. :)

I've prayed for you as well. None are without sin, DO repent but stop focusing on your sin and start focusing on Jesus, you'll find that you'll sin less and less because your focus is different. Gods will be done in your life beautiful daughter of the King!

lululuvsGod

Aug 11, 2012
thank you for this..Just today I was in the Bible study room sharing my "holding onto regrets" situation as well. I HAVE NEVER heard it said as you said..to try running forward but looking back.. THANK YOU SO MUCH..this blessed me as well..This entire post blessed me as I just had this same battle put to rest ( prayerfully) today....Praise GOD and all his loving kindness and mercies.. God bless you..................... lulu :)

lululuvsGod

Aug 11, 2012
Clee,

Hi, just today i was in one of the chat rooms and had openly shared with the brothers and sisters in there how I cannot let go of things I have done, even after repenting..that i beat myself up over and over again and I had grown weary with this silent battle..ALOT Of good came out of that and it blessed me beyond measure..Let me share with you the SAME scriptures they just shared with me today...:::

Romans 8
Romans 12
Collosions 3
Philipians 4 ( 4-8) --- really focus on verse 8.

These are all scriptures about the importance of staying close to God and focusing on renewing your mind in him...so that we can stand on his promises and not allow the enemy to rob us of knowing and beleiving that we are truely free...That God does forgive and we have to let it go...I was blessed beyond measure today and I pray you do as I did...read each verse and write them on your heart..and renew your mind with it...for Gods word is a TRUE light unto our paths... God bless you...... Lulu... :)