"Just as I am" or "Repent and be saved"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
"Just as I am" is my favorite invitational hymn. But does it seem sometimes that, in some sermons that are being preached, the requirement for repentance is being omitted. I have actually heard preachers say " Jesus loves you just the way you are; you don't have to change anything; you can be saved just as you are". In saying this are we telling the rapist, the thief, the murderer, the pedophile etc. that they need not change their behavior. Are we saying God expects nothing on their part. Is there salvation without repentance. I'm sure all will agree, there is no salvation without repentance (that is a turning away).

Just like the OSAS doctrine, this Just As I Am (JAIA) message is misleading. Combine the two messages and the church will be filled with reprobates, if they are sober enough to get there Sunday morning.
I believe I did not change myself but Jesus came upon and changed me into the person He wanted me to be. He changed me.

Jan 11, 2013
"In saying this are we telling the rapist, the thief, the murderer, the pedophile etc. that they need not change their behavior. Are we saying God expects nothing on their part.
God has already told them in their hearts they need to change: It's immeterial what you tell the new convert concerning the above, they would know already.

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: [SUP]16 [/SUP]“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[SUP][b][/SUP]

[SUP]17 [/SUP]Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[SUP][[/SUP]
Heb10:16&17

Last edited: