Just be yourself? How hard is it for us to be who we really want to be ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

It's hard, isn't it.

We know we want to be like Christ, right, but....

....there are a lot of distractions, aren't there?

What does this mean to the single person?

How can we just be ourselves so that the RIGHT person just right for us comes red robbin a-bobbin along?

Ah-HA , green! So, THAT is why we should be ourself, there IS something decidely important in it's word for the single person to be or not to be married at SOME POINT in his/her life!

The Lord leads, but, yep, that IS exactly what's been said :)

And, YOUR answer should be easy, can be, anyway. Just be yourself :)

F

flight316

How do you do it? I heard that its not easy being green.

G

GreenNnice

How do you do it? I heard that its not easy being green.
For someone not having accepted Him, it is going to be different just being yourself than someone walking with Him :)

Not easy being green, flightfancy? oh no, not at all....

The Lord leads ;)

But, I digress, are the 5 points you listed, or, 10, 20...REALLY things of you just being yourself.

Not asking you to confess, just saying , how well do.we know ourself. MAYBE, since we have someone who.knows us better than we know purself, He is who we should let teach us about ourself. :) The Lord leads.

That way, we are being revealed all truth (hey, green, doesn't Scripture say that somewhere?) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gaming_Drummer

Although I've gotten more used to being myself overall, there is still one area in life where it's very difficult. I'm guessing you probably already know, but here it is. Being myself is one of the hardest things for me to do when I'm around girls. It's occurred to me, though, that the only time I've had girls like me is when I was just myself around them. In other words, I wasn't trying to impress them or win them over. I was just being casual. Of course, this is extremely difficult for me if I am attracted to the girl I'm talking to, but I know for the sake of getting a girlfriend and eventually a wife, I need to learn to be more at ease around girls.

G

GreenNnice

Although I've gotten more used to being myself overall, there is still one area in life where it's very difficult. I'm guessing you probably already know, but here it is. Being myself is one of the hardest things for me to do when I'm around girls. It's occurred to me, though, that the only time I've had girls like me is when I was just myself around them. In other words, I wasn't trying to impress them or win them over. I was just being casual. Of course, this is extremely difficult for me if I am attracted to the girl I'm talking to, but I know for the sake of getting a girlfriend and eventually a wife, I need to learn to be more at ease around girls.
I'm going to say something about this, for you, gamelydrumming, and, me, too, and, my buddy dothackinfiinity , :) and anyone else who happens to be listening. Shhh, keep it quiet, let's keep this between just you and me, and, DC Talk ;)

But, I think, God does things to us, when things don't work out, when we meet a GIRL that just flips us head over our heels, like Rudolph, when he met Clarice, that bumbling reindeer didn't know what to say and he was TOTALLY at a standstill until.....

....the girl moved in and SAID SOMETHING him.

Now, THAT above is a perfect situation of it just working out between you and he, or, her. :)

_____________-
But, IF that is not the fairytale, Rudolphian way for you , YOU will know it ! How? By jove, you will know !!!

What? Huh?

Oh, by God. Sorry, now, how in the world did I ever come up with 'jove,' :D

But, yeah, IF you fumble and stumble and grrrrrumble out your words in half-eaten syllables, so to speak, then THAT is something God is doing. Now, WHAT you need to do as you are speaking to a girl is PRAY to God for how to just......

....be yourself.

Good, now we are getting somewhere. :)

Good post, gamelydrumming :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwlU8ffkJQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: