Just for fun now

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 5, 2013
Alright, I think the atheist vs Christian debate has gone on for long enough now on here and it's safe to say no ones belief is going to change at the end of it. So I'm stopping now.

I would like to ask a few questions though on some of the little things in life, from a Christian perspective

The following things in life annoy me, but from your point of view, Is god responsible for:

Your alarm not going off for work in the morning?

Your neighbours car alarm going off every 10 minutes from 5am onwards.

Hiding your car keys in the morning when you really need them?

Causing the batteries in the remote control to fail resulting in you slapping it on your leg until it works again?

The bus pulling away when from you after you've ran 50ft to try and catch it?

Those taps in public bathrooms where the water shoots out so fast it soaks your lower regions and the you have to walk out to muffled laughter.

How do you view similar occurrences?

Bad luck? Or god having a laugh at your expense?

K

kenisyes

That is the give and take of life in a not so perfect world. God leaves it that way, so we can recognize Him as perfect by comparison. in my life, his power has been shown by teaching me ways to avoid most of those things.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Those things account for God, in His divine providence,
giving us common ground for discussion with an atheist...
whereas otherwise, we might have nothing.

: )

Last edited:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
oops... deleting double post here.

Aug 5, 2013
Alright, I think the atheist vs Christian debate has gone on for long enough now on here and it's safe to say no ones belief is going to change at the end of it. So I'm stopping now.
If you're frustrated, perhaps you ought to just not visit any longer. I can understand the frustration, as my good arguments generally get ignored and my bad arguments are dissected to my humiliation. These results leave very little to appreciate about debate. However, it is what it is, because debates everywhere generally go the same way. I would highly recommend reading Jonathan Haidt's The Righteous Mind, a book on behavioral economics that argues that argument and evidence is generally not used to come to a conclusion but rather to defend a conclusion that was made for poor reasons. Michael Shermer's The Believing Brain makes a very similar argument (also worth reading, especially if you strive to be rational).

People are generally not rational, whether theist or atheist, and so it's wrong to expect it. We can always hope, and we can act rational as an example and also in an effort to influence others to be rational. But if irrationality is too much to deal with, then debate will always lead to this same frustration.

Mar 10, 2013
None of those things annoy me. IN fact I used to ask God for help finding my keys but now its sort of like a game of hide and go seek God and I play together. I live alone(with my dog who never moves or hides anything) so when something is misplaced, its because I put it somewhere and forgot. Nowadays if I look for something for a few minutes and cant find it...I giggle and say, ok God its time for us to play. I get it. I thank God that it is hidden from me and I search until I am tired of playing or I find it. (wallet keys or whatever other thing, like the remote or my coffee???)

I used to be annoyed by those things and by many other things, annoyed, angered, furious, enraged...you get the idea.
Years ago I began practicing Ephesians 5:20. IT has to do with trusting God. I trust God. I believe God really is in control.
Nothing happens that HE does not allow(not even the batteries not working in the remote). HE has a good purpose for everything HE allows to happen. Romans 8:28 comes to mind.

To answer your question though, is God responsible for...? The answer is no. The responsibility for everything that is evil or impure in this world rests on the shoulders of all mankind. God made everything good and perfect. We corrupted it by our sin. The truly amazing part of that and just another amazing thing about God is, that God can and does use evil for good purposes. We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose.

I thank God for all things. IT is easy to thank God for the things we receive that we like. IT requires trust to thank God for the things we don't like, but when we trust God and thank HIm for all things...then our peace becomes perfect and unwavering.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Any reasonable intelligent person, atheist or believer or agnostic should know that the questions are just plain silly......with regard to suggesting that God is responsible........now, for believers, they should know that "STUFF HAPPENS," and that is mainly because of "free will." Even atheists have free will...........and that means they have the God given right to do or say stupid things just like everyone else........and, yes, even believers.

With some attention to matters, all of these things can be eliminated as a "bother" in anyone's life.......shoot, even 12 year old Boy Scouts learn and know to "be prepared."

As for what annoys me in life? What really, really annoys me is that people are so quick to start BLAMING God for anything, everything bad that happens in life.............Oh yes, believers to this also.........."WHY ME GOD? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?"

Yet when something GOOD happens in their life.....pay raise, promotion, buy new car, new home, WHATEVER...........do you EVER hear them saying...........

"WHY ME GOD? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE SUCH A GOOD THING?"

It's always God's fault when things go wrong............but when they go right..............HEY, I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF.........I EARNED IT!

yeah............right........

this is how important we are................................this doesn't even come close to representing God.......