Just scriptures and a couple thoughts from revelation, daniel and the gospel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 1, 2016
Revelation 5:5-14 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to OPEN THE BOOK, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been SLAIN, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God SENT FORTH into all the earth. And he came and TOOK THE BOOK out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. And when he had TAKEN THE BOOK, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

And they sung a NEW SONG, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: FOR THOU WAST SLAIN, and hast redeemed us to God BY THY BLOOD out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of MANY ANGELS round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was TEN THOUSAND TIMES TEN THOUSAND, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, WORTHY IS THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN to receive POWER, and riches, and wisdom, and STRENGTH, and HONOUR, and GLORY, and blessing.

And every creature which is in HEAVEN, and on the EARTH, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND UNTO THE LAMB for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever."

Daniel 7: 13-14 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was GIVEN HIM DOMINION, and GLORY, and a KINGDOM (rev.11:15), that ALL PEOPLE, NATIONS AND LANGUAGES, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

Matthew 28: 18-20 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is GIVEN UNTO ME in HEAVEN and in EARTH. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." <<<

Jesus said this after His resurrection just before He went to be seated at Gods right Hand. This is the Lamb who was slain receiving all the glory in Heaven, receiving the Kingdom, glory, power , Honor " on earth as it is in Heaven. The same vision as the son of man being led into the presence of God and recieving eternal Kingdom, power, glory in daniel and many other prophets writings. Jesus is where everything points in the word whether its a prophecy about His coming, or the apostles after explaining" Jesus was the One who was promised would come, the Christ believe in Him"...all of it is pointing to Jesus Life, ministry, death and resurrection and even His ascention to Gods right Hand. that IS christianity.

If we trust Jesus word about His Own Kingdom, it will guide our understanding of what the apostles are talking about. He is the Light His teachings, His wisdom, His perfect descriptions of the Father, His plain straight foreward descriptions and instructions for His Kingdom, His people. The same One who suffered and died said a whole Lot about why He was dying, about How to Live as children of God, and theres no doubt who holds the power and authority in Gods Eyes.....Know Jesus Know Life.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Revelation 5:5-14 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to OPEN THE BOOK, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been SLAIN, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God SENT FORTH into all the earth. And he came and TOOK THE BOOK out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. And when he had TAKEN THE BOOK, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

And they sung a NEW SONG, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: FOR THOU WAST SLAIN, and hast redeemed us to God BY THY BLOOD out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of MANY ANGELS round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was TEN THOUSAND TIMES TEN THOUSAND, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, WORTHY IS THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN to receive POWER, and riches, and wisdom, and STRENGTH, and HONOUR, and GLORY, and blessing.

And every creature which is in HEAVEN, and on the EARTH, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND UNTO THE LAMB for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever."
The Lamb opened the seals of history from John's day onwards,. They parallel Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24.5-8 'the beginning of sorrows'

Daniel 7: 13-14 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was GIVEN HIM DOMINION, and GLORY, and a KINGDOM (rev.11:15), that ALL PEOPLE, NATIONS AND LANGUAGES, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."
This was following the resurrection when Jesus ascended and receive His throne.

Matthew 28: 18-20 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is GIVEN UNTO ME in HEAVEN and in EARTH. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." <<<
This was Jesus' commission to the disciples after the resurrection.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
The Lamb opened the seals of history from John's day onwards,. They parallel Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24.5-8 'the beginning of sorrows'

Revelation 12 says otherwise

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I would also like to know where you think the prophets ( before HIS RESURRECTION) are?
And who has authority over them?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Who do you think Job expected to see
or David

these men spoke of a HOLY REDEEMER before HE has even come into the world

Valiant?

if HE redeemed the world and has authority over all creation, how can you think it's only those after THE CROSS who will stand before HIM?

Last edited:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Who do you think Job expected to see
or David

these men spoke of a HOLY REDEEMER before HE has even come into the world

Valiant?

if HE redeemed the world and has authority over all creation, how can you think it's only those after THE CROSS who will stand before HIM?
Believers stand before the judgment seat of Christ and have their works after salvation judged or tried in the fire. The believer is not judged but passed from judgment into eternal life. Only the works done in the flesh are burned and the works done in the Spirit made clean and pure by the fire.

Only unbelievers stand before the Great White Throne and are judged unto condemnation. All who stand before the GWT are condemned and cast into the lake of fire.

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Cor 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Believers stand before the judgment seat of Christ and have their works after salvation judged or tried in the fire. The believer is not judged but passed from judgment into eternal life. Only the works done in the flesh are burned and the works done in the Spirit made clean and pure by the fire.

Only unbelievers stand before the Great White Throne and are judged unto condemnation. All who stand before the GWT are condemned and cast into the lake of fire.

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Cor 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Thank you, yes

where is David and Job
where do you place them

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What do you consider is the First Resurrection and who do you consider has a part in the First Resurrection?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Another question, NotUpToMe, ALL who stand at the GWT judgement are condemned and cast into the fire?

ALL?

Last edited:

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
We need to be in agreement about the 1000 year reign and what is meant by those who have a part in the FIRST RESURRECTION

Or we need to come to an understanding as to why we arent all in agreement

Jun 1, 2016

yea the seals are the judgements and wrath of the Law, all of the things God told the isrealites He would do to them if they continued on in disobedience. the seals are tied to the law, the book in Gods Hand that Jesus takes, is the same book that moses wrote and was placed beside the ark. in the book of the Law, there are many promises of wrath upon those who do not obey it, Jesus opening the seals is the fulfillment of all of that.

when you are seeing the lamb appear on the throne appearing slain, its in heaven not on earth, on earth it appears as the crucifixion and resurrection. remember john is taken into Heaven and is seeing Heavenly things.

My point in daniel is daniel is foreseeing the same event that John is seeing the exaltation and enthronement of Christ after His death and resurrection. many of the prophets foresaw the same thing but have different aspects and details whoich create a more complete understanding. i guess this op is making the point that revelation shouldnt be taken alone, all prophecy concerning Jesus ties together and each prophet had different details and points. all of the Word works together, has an order and time.

things in ezekiel, zechariah, daniel, hosea ect give a more complete understanding of the rest of prophecy, and really help understand the true Gospel.