Just thinkin,...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeanieD

Sometimes I think most of think too much. Most chats I have been to, There are those who use BIG words, or phrases that most ordinary people don't understand. This can make learning scripture difficult for some. During the time when Scriipture was written and preached/taught, it was done with the ordinary person in mind. Jesus teachings were simple, not mangled with big words or phrases. The places we might find confusing are places we understand as we grow spiritualy. God allows us understanding as we are spiritualy ready. Nothing was written or taught that was meant to confuse, but made simple for ordinary mankind. Mysteries are revealed as our spirits and faith grow. Sometimes I think we have taken a simple, loving, and perfect teaching and have made it a little more difficult just by trying too hard. Allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us along with the Word of God sounds too simple, but isn't that what it is?

Just thinkin :) God bless

Feb 16, 2011
Jesus never intended for everyone to understand so He spoke in parables.

B

BeanieD

That is when He allows us understanding as we grow in faith and Spirituality...........

D

Donkeyfish07

I think a lot of the problem is people taking purely academic approaches to the bible.....using a lot of words that aren't in the bible to interpret concepts in the bible, etc....that creates confusion where none should exist....No matter how logical, if someone is purely thinking about it on a carnal level and not building a direct relationship with God and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead them, that person won't understand the whole message no matter what their IQ is or how intelligent they are.....

There are also some people out there that take such pride in their otherwise brilliantly logical minds that they are never willing to admit to themselves that perhaps there is something they aren't "getting"....and when someone with that mindset begins teaching people that are new to the word, confusion follows.

B

BeanieD

I think you are right. I have found that those with a LOT of Book learnin, have a hard time talking to the rest of us. They dont know how anymore. I so totaly believe that no matter how many times we go through the word of God, there will always be something we didn't see before. My belief is that as we grow, we are allowed to see more. God so knows us better than anyone, and He knows when we are ready for more understanding.

God bless

Mar 10, 2013
Understanding God's word requires practicing humility. The proud can not comprehend what has been written by a perfectly humble God.

Humility comes before honor. Humility comes before wisdom. God mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble. The sacrifices that God desires are a humble and contrite heart. God brings low the proud but lifts up the humble.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. I trust God to use me, the worst of sinners, to do HIs will on this earth.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think you are right. I have found that those with a LOT of Book learnin, have a hard time talking to the rest of us. They dont know how anymore. I so totaly believe that no matter how many times we go through the word of God, there will always be something we didn't see before. My belief is that as we grow, we are allowed to see more. God so knows us better than anyone, and He knows when we are ready for more understanding.

God bless
I would generally agree but there are those out there who are well learned but still can communicate in a simple clear manner when the occasion calls. I find those that ramble on in explaining a subject usually don't have s good grasp on the matter at hand.

May 15, 2013
Parables was stories that compared the spiritual nature with the physical. God couldn't explain the spiritual universe while we only has earthly understandings. The Greeks in those times were searching spiritual understanding and which psychology means," Knowledge of the soul". That is what I believe that God had put the Jews to be under the control of Rome so that they can grow into spiritual understanding. The Greeks wasn't fully understanding of the spiritual nature of things, but when they saw the miraculous works of Jesus has gotten them to increase their search.

Hosea 4:6
my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

Matthew 16:3
and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

Luke 11:29
As the crowds increased, Jesus said, “This is a wicked generation. It asks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.

The sign of Jonah is that we must go through tribulations to get a good understanding of God and His word. Jonah had spent time in the belly of sheol and when he had came out, he had fully understand who is God.

1 Corinthians 1:22
Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,

A

Ariel82

I think there are some people who like big words and that is just how their mind works. it doesn't mean they think they are superior of others and they may not know how to speak to "ordinary folks" However, I don't think it matters the size of anyone's vocabulary. God sees inside a person's heart and I think if we truly love and care for others we will learn how to speak in whatever words they wish to converse in about the things of God.

Jesus spoke in parables and stories because if we as children of God always love good stories and it helps us remember the lessons easier. However people should not demonize learning or intellect.

I don't believe anyone can "think too much" but I do believe most people Pray too little.

One of the things God has taught me is that some times you have to stop asking the question "why don't they say it in a way that I can understand? why don't they change to suit ME?" and instead pray "God give me the wisdom to understand what they are saying behind the words and tell me how we can edify and uplift one another."

Instead of seeing and "us" (normal folks) versus "them" (scholars, academia) scenario. see all as simple children of God being lead by the Holy Spirit struggling to understand and communicate what they have learned from their Father.

A

Ariel82

. Jonah had spent time in the belly of sheol and when he had came out, he had fully understand who is God.
the belly of sheol?

and Jonah didn't have FULL understanding, otherwise the whole vine lesson would not have had to been taught.

sorry off topic,, random thought...

B

BeanieD

I often feel that I am the worst of sinners. I know that All I have been through is what God can use.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Please do not try this at home. Leave the thinking to the highly trained professionals. Ha Ha Ha

Jesus promised us that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all the truth. We must allow Him to lead. We must be open and summit to Him. we do not tell the Holy Spirit what the scripture says in order to justify our preferred doctrine. Listen to good preachers but study the word of God to verify what you hear is what God has said.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

May 15, 2013
I often feel that I am the worst of sinners. I know that All I have been through is what God can use.
Some trees fruits ripens early in the season like an almond tree (Joseph and Job), and some fruits are later like the olive tree(David and Jesus).

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

John 2 4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Matthew 8:29
“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

May 15, 2013
the belly of sheol?

and Jonah didn't have FULL understanding, otherwise the whole vine lesson would not have had to been taught.

sorry off topic,, random thought...
Jonah 2:9But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Matthew 15:31
The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

Matthew 21:16
“Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “‘From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?”

Matthew 18:3
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jul 25, 2013
Sometimes I think most of think too much. Most chats I have been to, There are those who use BIG words, or phrases that most ordinary people don't understand. This can make learning scripture difficult for some. During the time when Scriipture was written and preached/taught, it was done with the ordinary person in mind. Jesus teachings were simple, not mangled with big words or phrases. The places we might find confusing are places we understand as we grow spiritualy. God allows us understanding as we are spiritualy ready. Nothing was written or taught that was meant to confuse, but made simple for ordinary mankind. Mysteries are revealed as our spirits and faith grow. Sometimes I think we have taken a simple, loving, and perfect teaching and have made it a little more difficult just by trying too hard. Allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us along with the Word of God sounds too simple, but isn't that what it is?

Just thinkin :) God bless

God is a big word. So would you try and explain God into a million words (and still not have a full explanation in this case only) or do we have a fair idea of what God is (for as much as He has allowed us to know) that when we are talking about things in His word we don't go on and on and on.

Explaining the word, "God" we use this "big word God" in a condensed form. Such are big words. They are just condensed words. This way we can save time from a 3 hour lecture to a 1 hour lecture and express a thought the same way the Hebrew language was set up. The big word gives you a picture in your mind to understand. Our English language has become so large we need those big words to condense the thought.

When you read one on here, copy it to your note pad and look it up on the online dictionary. Do a couple a week and in no time you'll understand what they are saying in that context. It's actually good for the brain too. Otherwise not learning things would separate us from everyone. And that is opposing God's wish for us.

I look up alot of words I don't understand and I also don't feel stupid compared to other people either. I'm not afraid to ask what they mean on this site either when I don't understand. They had to learn the same words they use also.

just thinkin..