Just venting...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I am 18 years old which you could probably tell by the age notification under my picture.

With being this age I should be graduating high school in 1 day, Tomorrow... Now I know my grammar is filled with malapropisms, incorrect spelling, and punctuation. I know many children say this but I am above 'average' intelligence. I was stuck into 3 advanced placement classes this year due to my test scores and nothing else. See my whole life I have been a failure/slacker relying on no child left behind to drag me through school. I have always been that cliche' child that never does any work but somehow passes all the tests. So I have become accommodated to this easy way of living. And instead of me passing by the hairs of my neck like I have always done, life caught up with me. I have now failed 3 classes. A.P. Econ, (regular) Econ, and A.P. Statistics... These failings have made it so I will not graduate with my class...

Earlier this semester I had a bad encounter with some drugs, these drugs made it so, that I became schizophrenic. Being in a classroom setting made me feel like I was on the brink of death. I missed 2 months of school consecutively because of this. I have been a 'teachers pet' sort of ordeal in a few classes, this granted me the ability to regain my grades very quickly and effortlessly. But some classes were harder, and for the first time in my life I fought for a grade. I did a semesters worth of material in 2 weeks for 3 classes. I figured I had this all in the bag. I spent at least 20 hours doing homework on the weekend. I honestly thanked God for this life lesson about rigor, perseverance, and integrity... I felt as if I was a new man.

Then I got told that I would not pass my A.P. Statistics class, I took no resentment towards the teacher and actually in my heart understood his reasoning. So I went to my Principal, I knew that 2 children within the last couple of days have dropped their math classes to take an online class. The catch is that even though they would graduate they could not walk. So I thought to myself make the best out of a bad situation... Well the principal basically lied blatantly to my face saying "We never drop a class unless the child has an A in the class". Which I politely mentioned the children who have by his consent dropped their classes that they were failing to take an online class. Then he tried to say they did it 3 months ago, and you kinda get the picture... In my opinion he just didn't want to take the 5 minutes of work to click my name put an F on my class and enroll me into a new one... But I took it as a lesson once again, I thought to myself I deserve this: I have spent 12 years doing the bare minimum to get by and now I expect to be held to the same acknowledgement as those who have labored. I once again with my heart thanked God for this lesson... I honestly did with my heart...

Then I go to class today and find out I failed economics by 3 points... No more no less... Watching all the children go up to the teacher and hear the teacher say, "You have a 78 in this class, good job see you at graduation". seemed to strike me the wrong way... I sat in my desk staring at my phone watching everyone else hoot and holler about graduating. Seeing kids who scored lower on the final then me, (considerably lower) pass the class was heart braking and beyond aggravating...

I have became extremely depressed now... All I can think about is how can people say God is looking out for you. God has a plan for you. God this God that...

How can God plan for a child to be given a laced substance which would cause him to go to the hospital, multiple times.
How could God allow for a student who undermines and resents authority to be given a 'get out of jail free card' while one who was polite and didn't try to fight the system gets a veil brought before his eyes...
I don't understand.... It seems when I think I find the lesson life has given me it smacks me across the head and says try again.
And what really sucks is this is child's play compared to my future... To think about all the hardships to come... I have only hit the top of the iceberg... To think if God does exist and I disown him so easily, I disown him so quickly that in the future when I actually get trials and tribulations I will surely disown him. So what is the point pretending that I will always love and keep Jesus near my heart...

Since any good time that comes I take it for granted and don't thank God for the good I praise myself, and every bad time that comes I curse his name...

3 years ago I saw myself becoming a world renowned gamer. ( pro-Video game player.)

A year ago I was about to create a start-up company with my best friend (at the time) and try on cornering a 7 billion dollar industry.

2 months ago I used to see myself going to school and learning about quantum trapping. Raising perfect zero to room temp. and creating my very own hover board...

1 week ago I saw myself going off into a impoverished nation and giving my life to God and trying to help those in need.

And now I see a man working till he drops always regretting his past, to obsessed with nostalgia to acknowledge the gifts of the present...

The more I search for a Christ-like lesson in life the harder life hits me. At this point the only lesson I see is kill those over you to get their possessions and chain those under you to keep the possessions. (analogy)

L

Livi94

Venting helps a lot I think. Just holding things in for me makes me even angrier and such. I'm not gonna say I know what you should do or give you some wise advise because I dont think I have any. I'm just not a good advise giver. Buuut I do know that starting fresh.... clean brand new start, and never giving up will definitely pay off! Be it in a year, two years, 5, or even a decade later. It has definitely helped me along with many of my friends. I'll keep you in my prayers! Oh and by the way, I have a few friends who dropped out of Highschool junior and senior year and some went ahead and got their GED online. That's something to consider. God bless!

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks, I do know I will graduate whether it takes me another year or another 6 weeks... :) and yah, for some reason I feel the need to voice me problems to the world, since I am very melancholy and repressive the internet is my escape.

Thanks again :)

L

Livi94

No problem I understand how venting helps a lot ;) God bless, stay strong, and good luck with your school work, I know you can do it! :)

Jul 15, 2011
Bah. You went through this alot earlier than I did. I'm experiencing the same type of internal chaos, but at a much later age. In fact, you caught on a lot quicker than I did. I'm repulsed by my own disobedience and flagrant disregard for God. When it gets this bad, I can't even see how He knows or cares. It's such a deep truth with me that I guess it doesn't matter, but the fact of the matter is that it does matter, to me.

I had a similar list of accomplishments and direction, and it was like they were all stolen from me. The pit is deep, and when the world comes crashing down, it comes crashing down hard. God's promises start looking like little ants with no capacity to hold anyone or anything up and no foreseeable end.

I'm glad you shared your story because it added to mine. Thank you for struggling through.

D

danschance

I am not sure if that was venting or a plea for help. The teen years are difficult. They are a time of wondering who you are in the greater scheme of things and breaking away from parental authority. So much for my musings of your earthly life.

Your spiritual life on the other hand seems to be out of synch to me. Though I will quickly admit that one can not know much about a person by a single post. Jesus said "Many call me Lord, Lord and do not obey my Father".You seem to believe in God and yet in your post you only mention God within a context of questioning why He does things. Faith without works is dead.

I hope you get it all sorted out. Bad things can and do happen, even to those whom God loves dearly. I don't think I can explain adequately why this is, but no matter what.. I believe that all things work for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes. Even more importantly, I have faith and trust in God. Even if I don't understand why He does things the way He does, I know someday I will.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kenisyes

I'm a college math teacher, and I had to look up quantum trapping. "Malaproprisms"? Seriously, if you throw around words like that, you should have been in gifted classes from day one. The system tried to reach out to you, and communication broke down; that's what really happened here. You can be part of the system, or not, as you choose. You are part of a bigger system called the Kingdom of God. Put in your six weeks, get your grades, ace your SAT's, (college will let you make your own choices) and then go on and make your 7 billion and help those in need. Or better yet, ask God what He wants from your life, and do that instead. He gave you your brains for a reason.

S

Siberian_Khatru

T_Laurich said:
How can God plan for a child to be given a laced substance which would cause him to go to the hospital, multiple times. How could God allow for a student who undermines and resents authority to be given a 'get out of jail free card' while one who was polite and didn't try to fight the system gets a veil brought before his eyes...
People are seldom - if ever - fulfilled when the 'how' is addressed. The Pharisees asked a lot of hows, as do past and present doubters.

"How is it this man (Jesus) can cast out demons?"

"How is it He can perform such miracles?"

"How can [a loving] God allow [insert dilemma here]?"

And they're still asking 'how?' Try asking 'why'. There is no harm in seeking wisdom; I just don't think you will find much of it in asking how.

At this point the only lesson I see is kill those over you to get their possessions and chain those under you to keep the possessions.
The internationally famous novelist Jack Higgins was asked what he would like to have known when he was younger. He replied, "That when you get to the top, there’s nothing there."

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for all the reply's. I cant put into words my trials I am facing mentally but this helped. Thank you guys

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
T, one of the best lessons I have learned over the years in Jesus is...
Its not about the storms or trials being removed, but by faith in Jesus, knowing that He will provide all needed not just to get through them, but to overcome them. :)

Jesus said, "In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world! :)

God bless
pickles