just wanna say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jonrambo

how awsome it is to be able to chat to so many different types of people on here so many different ideas and denominations ect i am really enjoying it even when i seem to be grumpy and argueing with people i realy enjoy it so thanks all for your help support and criticism they all help me in my walk :D

i recon we should all band together, be non denominational and let the bible be the final authority but as we know man is pretty useless when it comes to getting along so i guess we will all just have to soldier on

i enjoy joining satanist groups freemason groups etc on facebook and fighting them all hahaha but thats just me im a bit odd

T

Tintin

Hmm... I'm not sure that's helping God's kingdom. It's more likely to rile them up and think even less of Christians (not that we're trying to be popular with non-Christians but it's not helping one's witness).

i enjoy joining satanist groups freemason groups etc on facebook and fighting them all hahaha but thats just me im a bit odd

JGPS

Banned
Jan 11, 2013
how awsome it is to be able to chat to so many different types of people on here so many different ideas and denominations ect i am really enjoying it even when i seem to be grumpy and argueing with people i realy enjoy it so thanks all for your help support and criticism they all help me in my walk :D
Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Conflict does keep one sharp.
i recon we should all band together, be non denominational and let the bible be the final authority but as we know man is pretty useless when it comes to getting along so i guess we will all just have to soldier on
Interpreted though which hermeneutic? Even simply choosing a hermenutic pressuposes many things about the Bible that will cause disagreements. Even some minor principles make a huge difference, take these for instance:

The First Mention Principle: "God indicates in the first mention of a subject the truth with which that subject stands connected in the mind of God."

Vs

The Full Mention Principle or The Complete Mention Principle: "God declares his full mind upon any subject vital to our spiritual life."

I would adhere to the Full Mention Principle, but in practice it starkly contradicts the First Mention Principle which (sadly) many Christians passionately adhere too... Minor principles make big differences, many major divisions of hermeutics come with their assumptions about scripture pre-packaged and so debating scripture from a different point of view isn't viable.

That seems quite rude and counterproductive TBH. I have had long discussions with actual satanists in person, though even then it is when I am invited to speak to them. I don't force my presence on them.

J

jonrambo

its great fun you should try it some time

JGPS

Banned
Jan 11, 2013
its great fun you should try it some time
Going into another groups forum just to cause trouble is called trolling. I suppose some people do enjoy that, but I do not.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
non denominational meh i prefer being united methodist. all nice calm and organized services. Stirring up trouble in freemason groups? seems mature. i guess you follow the catholic chruch opinion of them being evil

N

Nancyer

Yes, it is great to come here, chat with others about faith and doctrine and the Bible (my favorite subject). Whether we agree or disagree, as long as we do it kindly, we are helping each other and that's what we should do. I love checking in with everyone and having topics to meditate on throughout the day, things to ponder, questions to pose to my son. Thank you God for this place and allowing me to find it.

J

jonrambo

non denominational meh i prefer being united methodist. all nice calm and organized services. Stirring up trouble in freemason groups? seems mature. i guess you follow the catholic chruch opinion of them being evil
its me old mate nautilus at it again. grow that beard longer mate