Kid says he did not go to 'Heaven', publisher to stop selling book

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JimmieD

Apr 11, 2014
There is a rather popular genre of Christian literature out there today in which children report dying, going to heaven and returning with stories about their visit. The most popular of these is "Heaven is For Real" (a no.1 bestseller). A little lesser known one (but still making bestsellers lists) is "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" which has now been admitted to being a fraud:

Why are Christians so attracted to this genre? Who really thinks it's a wise idea to take their theological cues from a child? I think some people may have it in their minds that children are the most innocent and most pure among us who haven't yet been corrupted by experiences and sinfulness that has accrued to the rest of us over time. But children have pretty wild imaginations. They make stuff up. They tell stories. They lie. They remember incorrectly or just have patently false memories. They make mistakes. They say things they think the important adults in their life want to hear. Why anyone would be fascinated by their stories about heavenly visitations, much less take their theological insights, is beyond me.

Last edited:

john832

May 31, 2013
I can assure you that he did not go to heaven. I have it on good authority...

Joh 13:33 Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, 'Where I am going, you cannot come,' so now I say to you. - NKJV

K

Karraster

There is a rather popular genre of Christian literature out there today in which children report dying, going to heaven and returning with stories about their visit. The most popular of these is "Heaven is For Real" (a no.1 bestseller). A little lesser known one (but still making bestsellers lists) is "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" which has now been admitted to being a fraud:

Why are Christians so attracted to this genre? Who really thinks it's a wise idea to take their theological cues from a child? I think some people may have it in their minds that children are the most innocent and most pure among us who haven't yet been corrupted by experiences and sinfulness that has accrued to the rest of us over time. But children have pretty wild imaginations. They make stuff up. They tell stories. They lie. They remember incorrectly or just have patently false memories. They make mistakes. They say things they think the important adults in their life want to hear. Why anyone would be fascinated by their stories about heavenly visitations, much less take their theological insights, is beyond me.
Could it be called reaping what you sow? Christmas, Easter, tooth fairy, etc?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

ok I can understand the point but to say how illogical it is to listen to Children is incorrect. God speaks to chilldren quite often and shows them things as well do u know why? Because childten in their nature are innocent their more open to his voice than a lot of adults their hearts are not yet corrupted by greed lust and the stuff lots of adults have. God often speaks to and through children because frankly grown ups wont listen. Have you ever considered why we must have child like faith? Why Jesus said we must become like them to enter the kingdom of God? I have learned more from Children especially about faith than I ever did with adults.