Kids fighting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
if whoopin doesnt work.. my mom would get this huge small printed biography of Henry the 8th and I had to read it outloud, explain the Text and write pages at time.. if i got it wrong I had to start over again.. make something like that happen to your kids both of em and they will get smart in history and after a few times very much sto fighting when you come close XD
Once my brother and I started to get into a fight and all mom had to say was ''hey if you two get older and dont know what to talk about, you can talk about Henry the 8th!" and my brother went one way, I went another lol

slave

Mar 20, 2015
The get along shirt.

View attachment 169275

Really, we were required to hug and kiss after fighting when we were kids. My mother once made us read and write a report about a chapter of the Bible, but she dropped that as reading the Bible should not be a punishment, lol. Some of those reports are hilarious to read. Sometimes, we had to write apology notes to each other.

The most effective thing with kids if they are fighting over a toy, is to simply take the toy away- that way neither kid gets the toy and the kids learn quick to sort out their differences among themselves or lose their toys.

You have to hit on something that is right for your kids, not all kids are the same.

You are so right here...it's not doing the right thing that counts, its having them decide to do the right thing that counts. It's the same with us and God. It is about the Character of man which is the end-results of a man who does right over wrong. And diversity is key in parenting skills. I love how the girl looks so (un-) "blessed" by the love of the shirt discipline. She has no idea that this is love yet (a process). We must understand how we came to know why we wanted to be good...we first had to know how bad we were in sin. It has been a favorite belief in all ages that if only men were taught what good is, everyone would choose it; but history and human experience prove that that is not so. To know what good is is not to be good. But, I still want to just hug both off them and skip that part...Smile.

D

Depleted

My two kids love to fight. How to stop them. Whippings dont work?
When we were young we fought a lot. What changed? We grew up. (So take two aspirins and call again in 17-20 years. lol)

What drove us nuts? Wasn't whipping. Mom had a worse punishment. She used to iron for 2-4 hours per day. (Back in the days when even sheets had to be ironed, and there were 5-6 people in our house. lol) She'd have one of the fighters -- or both -- sit on hard dining room chairs apart from each other, near the ironing board, and would lecture us on why we shouldn't fight and...? Well, honestly? It was more of a filibuster, and I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying, so I really don't know what she was talking about. BUT, I can guarantee after 1-2 hours of that torture, when released, we made sure to avoid each other so we wouldn't fight for the rest of the day.

(And then young minds don't really retain moral lessons well, so the next day it was back to fighting.)

Truthfully, kids fight. The only logical reasons to stop that is:
1. They could kill someone.
2. Your sanity.

Up to you to figure out how to deal with both of those, although honestly? Now that I'm a Christian I find God as the strength for my sanity. (And, if you get to know me on here, it's always fun to decide if I am or am not sane. lol)

D

Depleted

if whoopin doesnt work.. my mom would get this huge small printed biography of Henry the 8th and I had to read it outloud, explain the Text and write pages at time.. if i got it wrong I had to start over again.. make something like that happen to your kids both of em and they will get smart in history and after a few times very much sto fighting when you come close XD
Once my brother and I started to get into a fight and all mom had to say was ''hey if you two get older and dont know what to talk about, you can talk about Henry the 8th!" and my brother went one way, I went another lol
Soooo, why did Henry VIII kill the Duke of Buckingham? lol

A

Ariel82

My two kids love to fight. How to stop them. Whippings dont work?
I send mine to separate rooms, time out

1 minute for every year they are on this earth.

So 9 minutes for my 9 year old (haven't had I do this in a while)

Set timer and tell them to think about what they did and how they could have handled it better.

Go and ask them what happened, what they could have done, what they can do now.

I don't let them out until they are repentant.

So if they say "nothing it's all His/her fault" I make them sit in time out longer.

It takes two to fight.

I give them ideas of how to handle it next time and use discipline as a teaching moment and not just punishment

One time i had my son write letters of apology to someone he hurt feelings at school saying he was sorry and with three unique things he admired about the person..

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Depleted

he was executed because of ''treason'' for being accused of planing the death of King Henry right?
I don't know. He was my ancestor and his death is the reason I don't own Buckingham Palace. (Not sure there was a palace back then, but he owned that land.) And his great grandson was the reason my family moved to America. His great grandson went back to the king and asked for the land back. That king wasn't happy about that, so beheaded him. That's when my relatives thought it was a very good time to leave England. We like our heads on our shoulders, not next to our limp bodies. lol

I heard rumors that it was about the Duke being against Henry starting his own church too, but I'm never sure what happened because history belongs to the victors.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Me and my sister fought alot when we were young, she's 3yrs older. I think it happened nearly always, because we were left to do nothing with nothing. Dad was working, mum was busy. No homework, no chores, nothing. So I think if your at home, homeschool them, give chores etc, ground them, remove TV, consoles etc. Consoles and games are generally bad. My cousin's didn't fight much as far as I know. They learned instruments, no TV, no consoles or touch phones for them. Just friends, school, homework, music, bed. Be ordered and disciplined. It's the only way that works, I think?

His

Jan 30, 2017
My boys are very far apart in age. 9 years from oldest to youngest. The older brothers really tortured the youngest when he was little.

He is now 26 and a good 4 inches taller than either of the older ones. He's also an amateur MMA fighter about to go pro. Coincidence? I think not.

I say keep the little buggars physically busy. Bored kids make trouble.

By the way there is hope all my boys are great friends as adults and spend time together alot.

God bless

D

Deedee09

Thanks. By the way of love the book of psalms