Killing Is No Longer A Part Of Serving God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
It seems that it needs to be said. Killing is no longer a part of serving God.

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. [SUP]2 [/SUP]They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

To think that God wants you to kill is to testify by your actions that you do not know God nor Jesus.

In the coming great tribulation, the saints that have been left behind and the new saints that shall come are not to kill those with the mark of the beast.

Now consider that for a moment. Those with the mark are destined for the lake of fire no matter what. Of all the sinners one would think you would be allowed to kill, it would be them as they make war on the saints, but not so.

Revelation 13:[SUP]7 [/SUP]And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. [SUP]8 [/SUP]And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. [SUP]9 [/SUP]If any man have an ear, let him hear. [SUP]10 [/SUP]He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Since we are not in those times now... what are we called to do?

Romans 12:[SUP]18 [/SUP]If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Trust the Lord Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to guide you in that matter.

Romans 5:8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 1:[SUP]15 [/SUP]This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

A

Anonimous

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. [SUP]2 [/SUP]They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

To think that God wants you to kill is to testify by your actions that you do not know God nor Jesus.

In the coming great tribulation, the saints that have been left behind and the new saints that shall come are not to kill those with the mark of the beast.

Now consider that for a moment. Those with the mark are destined for the lake of fire no matter what. Of all the sinners one would think you would be allowed to kill, it would be them as they make war on the saints, but not so.

Revelation 13:[SUP]7 [/SUP]And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. [SUP]8 [/SUP]And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. [SUP]9 [/SUP]If any man have an ear, let him hear. [SUP]10 [/SUP]He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Romans 12:[SUP]18 [/SUP]If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Romans 5:8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 1:[SUP]15 [/SUP]This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
I agree with what you say here Enow. Depending our interpretation concerning a rapture (or lack of)...If the church IS here for the whole tribulation or even just the first half people will probably wonder about the case for defense. Let's assume there is no rapture for a moment.

Supposedly, one of the first events during the tribulation period the Peace Treaty that is established with Israel and the other Arab countries is what is to start the tribulation?

Scenario: The church is here and the persecution has begun. Christianity and those who openly proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior and that He is the only way to have a relationship with the True and Only God is labeled as a hate type crime. As time progresses this attitude is punished with either denying this whole idea of there only being One God. Now, believers are either being rounded up, locked up or killed.

As far as killing those who are trying to kill us...what do we do? Do we have the right to kill? In defense I would have to say "yes". But, the question is...should we? I think it would depend on the situation (defending family, etc, to get away). But to intentionally form a "militia" of sorts and lay in wait for someone...the I would have to say, "no."

Any thoughs are most welcome. It's hard to say right now as we are not in that situation.

Scenario:

Dec 21, 2012
I agree with what you say here Enow. Depending our interpretation concerning a rapture (or lack of)...If the church IS here for the whole tribulation or even just the first half people will probably wonder about the case for defense. Let's assume there is no rapture for a moment.

Supposedly, one of the first events during the tribulation period the Peace Treaty that is established with Israel and the other Arab countries is what is to start the tribulation?
Depending on what would be considered a first event.

The first event that signals the beginning of the seven year great tribulation will be the result of the peace treaty, meaning when they give out the command to build that Temple, that is the beginning of the seven year tribulation.

The first event that will come about after the pre tribulational rapture in setting the stage for the coming great tribulation is that after the sign of the Son of Man appears in Heaven, then the tribes of the earth shall mourn and hide themselves for which the following event will occur: an angel will herald the gospel message to all the world: another angel will herald that Babylon (USA & the entire Western Hemisphere) have fallen: and another angel heralding the consequences for taking the mark of the beast which is the lake of fire. This is God setting the stage for the coming great tribulation of which every one will have heard the gospel, and after WWIII, everyone will know the consequences for taking the mark of the beast.

That is the first event of how fair God is in setting the stage for the hour of trial that shall try all upon the earth. The aftermaths of WWIII will result in a peace treaty with Israel and to prove that they reaaly mean peace, they will permit them to build their Temple.

Scenario: The church is here and the persecution has begun. Christianity and those who openly proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior and that He is the only way to have a relationship with the True and Only God is labeled as a hate type crime. As time progresses this attitude is punished with either denying this whole idea of there only being One God. Now, believers are either being rounded up, locked up or killed.
After WWIII, to establish a new world order, and to pool resources for survival, it is by not taking the mark of the beast that will cause the saints to die for then they will not be able to buy food or anything like paying bills or taxes of which they will lose everything and be homeless eventually to be exposed to starvation & the elements as well as obvious persecution being deemed as terrorists for not being part of the New World Order.

The irony is that after the pre trib rapture event, WWIII would forced the media and everybody else to forget that event except the believers as survival will be the main focus for everyone else, BUT they are still warned of teh comnsequences afterwards for taking the mark so they will be without excuse when they are judged.

As far as killing those who are trying to kill us...what do we do? Do we have the right to kill? In defense I would have to say "yes". But, the question is...should we? I think it would depend on the situation (defending family, etc, to get away). But to intentionally form a "militia" of sorts and lay in wait for someone...the I would have to say, "no."

Any thoughs are most welcome. It's hard to say right now as we are not in that situation.

Scenario:
We are not in that scenario yet because Jesus described the times for which believers would still be ensnared with the cares of this life and that is how things are now where we are buying and selling, eating and drinking, marrying and given in marriage: that is not a time when believers would be caught unaware when the mark of the beast would prevent them from living such a carefree life.

If you read Luke 17th chapter, you will find Jesus responding to someone's comment about eating in the Kingdom of God on how those invited made excuses not to come to the King's Supper. He went on to expound this point to the multitude about how to avoid that in being His disciples in that they must be ready and willing to leave their loved ones and their life down here to come up hither when the Bridegroom comes for the ready & abiding bride.

WWIII may inspire believers to stay behind for their loved ones and out of love for their country to fight... which will be a losing battle as one third of the earth ( the entire Western Hemisphere) will be burned up that will set the stage for the New World Order.

Dec 21, 2012
If you read Luke 17th chapter, you will find Jesus responding to someone's comment about eating in the Kingdom of God on how those invited made excuses not to come to the King's Supper. He went on to expound this point to the multitude about how to avoid that in being His disciples in that they must be ready and willing to leave their loved ones and their life down here to come up hither when the Bridegroom comes for the ready & abiding bride.

WWIII may inspire believers to stay behind for their loved ones and out of love for their country to fight... which will be a losing battle as one third of the earth ( the entire Western Hemisphere) will be burned up that will set the stage for the New World Order.
Sorry. Wrong reference. Luke 14:15-33

Luke 17 does show a necessity to not be like Lot's wife in looking back in loving this life when the Bridgroom comes though.

W

wdeaton65

Yeshua shows us in the garden ear for an ear He replaced the ear. Think about it brothers and sister GOD doesnt need our help to kill anyone!!!!! One angel in one night 185,000 dead so let us love and help and care for each other. The killing and destruction is coming soon enough. The world will know us by our fruits we we know each other by our fruits lets produce the kind of fruit Yeshua tells us to. By keeping HIS comandments HE will build HIS church and we all win blessings.

Dec 21, 2012
Yeshua shows us in the garden ear for an ear He replaced the ear. Think about it brothers and sister GOD doesnt need our help to kill anyone!!!!! One angel in one night 185,000 dead so let us love and help and care for each other. The killing and destruction is coming soon enough. The world will know us by our fruits we we know each other by our fruits lets produce the kind of fruit Yeshua tells us to. By keeping HIS comandments HE will build HIS church and we all win blessings.
Those having trouble in keeping His commandments to love others and even our enemies, all they need to do is go to Jesus Christ in prayer for the help they need to love even their enemies since we loved Him because He first loved us, and with love being a fruit of the Spirit, Jesus will provide His love for those fearing they lack it or having an unforgiving heart to not want it, but yet they know He wants them to forgive their enemies out of love towards them.

1 Peter 2:[SUP]18 [/SUP]Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. [SUP]19 [/SUP]For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. [SUP]21 [/SUP]For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [SUP]22 [/SUP]Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [SUP]23 [/SUP]Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: [SUP]24 [/SUP]Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. [SUP]25 [/SUP]For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

O

oOfallen_angelOo

Killing was a regulation of the OT law / commandment, because in those days, to not kill a law offender would have been viewed as unjust by God and the people.

Throughout the OT there were wars for those who lost the blessing from God and broke his covenant; this is a revelation to the reality of why the earth in our times is to be destroyed - the people have broke the new covenant Jesus Christ established.

The first verse you mentioned, is referencing Christians who believe they are doing God's service by killing or persecuting the true Christians who are actually doing God's real service. The enemy is not the atheist or non - believers, but rather other Christians who do not understand the truth of God and actually begin to accept the truth of God as heresy, blasphemy, and therefore feel they have a grounds to kill even their own fellow Christians or harm them.

This is why the bible tells the true believers not to fear those who can kill the body, but only God who can destroy both the body and the spirit.

Jesus was crucified by Christians who felt they had the truth of God; many Jews even tried to stone him after hearing him speak.

This is why it's crucial to make sure what one knows as the truth of God, is accurate, or else you will come to be deceived by false spirits, and turn against those speaking of honest salvation - your salvation.

The New Covenant is indeed about love; this is why Jesus says if you love him you will keep his commandments ( very important,) as well as developing deep love for your spiritual brothers and sisters whom will be your true brothers and sisters when the earth has come to pass.

The New Covenant breaks the fear of death everyone has, because it confirms that there is indeed Heaven / life after this mere earthly existence.

This is why loving everyone so much is completely possible - even enemies, because while they are persecuting and even killing you, death has no hold on you so what really is there to fear from men or death when God has given you life?

Nothing.

Those who truly keep God's commandments will face persecution - even death for them. But we do not fear because death is nothing but release of our souls unto the kingdom of Heaven.

Rev 13:7 is actually talking about spiritual tribulation; lol this will be kind of shocking to know, but the bible here says that he {the devil} was given power to make war with the saints - AND OVERCOME THEM. Meaning, the people of God were deceived and ended up receiving the mark of the beast because they began to intentionally or unintentionally worship the anti - christ realities the devil has put forth in the world.

The Mark of the Beast is not a physical mark - but rather one that is branded on the soul that only God's eyes can look upon. Our names were not written in the book of life because of this corruption in the only places people have been clinging to for salvation - the churches. Again, the bible warns about false shepeards, false prophets, false teachers, and wolves in sheeps clothing ( people who proclaim to be of God, but their truth and actions speak otherwise.)

Again, this is why it is crucial to make sure your truth of God is truly accurate down to a tee - or else you will come to worship unintentionally the advances of the devil and idolatry, which then your name obviously cannot be placed in the book of life.

I've met several Christians whom are aware of these false realities in the churches, but care not to consider them because they feel their truth in God is the truth to salvation. They are intentionally disobeying and can one truly have salvation if they are not abiding by God's truth?

No.

Best example is the OT in which holy people were commanded to go out and place a mark on the heads of the people who lamented over the feasts of God - this is the Seal of God. Then they were told to kill all who didn't receive the mark.

In the NT, there is a Seal placed on God's saints, as well as a destroying angel who will take the lives of anyone missing the mark.

Again, it is crucial to your spiritual life to make sure the truth you have is God is the absolute truth - or you are putting yourself in jeopardy. This is why the bible constantly says to seek God out, because in finding the truth, it will expose all the falsehood so you will not be deceived by the wicked spirits and the devil.

And you cannot understand the bible on your own; you need to find God, you need to pray to God with all your heart and soul to understand the book -

Because even in Revelations it says that the Bible was sealed ( Rev 10) so no one can understand it with his or her own authority.

Only God can testify the reality of the scriptures - this was done only through Jesus Christ, and 2nd Coming Christ who is the savior of our age.

Seek God. I cannot stress that enough because there are so many people on this site who " believe " but seem to not want to put in the effort. The Bible is all you need to understand the awesomeness that is God - and mainstream Christianity has gotten so corrupted over the ages because it has truly abandoned both the way of Christ and the way of God.

This is why there is so much confusion over which denominations are correct, and which followings are right and wrong.

Jesus Christ established one truthful way - just one. Not hundreds of them.

Matthew 7:7

Seek and you will find.

God Bless

J

jimmydiggs

Jesus was crucified by Christians who felt they had the truth of God; many Jews even tried to stone him after hearing him speak.
They were Jews, not Christians. Christian is a term originating later after Jesus had died.