Labor for the Harvest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We should prepare ourselves to labor for the Harvest. For isn't this our calling?

Matthew 9:37 - Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly [is] plenteous, but the labourers [are] few;

Luke 10:2 - Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

John 4:35 - Say not ye, There are yet four months, and [then] cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Revelation 14:15
- And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
C'mon, let's get those combines running!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe we are doing the harvest everyday we are here in cc. for example and I only use me because I can relate my experience with this subject the best -I have a habit of always speaking my heart which is a blessing and a curse because sometimes what my heart speaks isn't from God but for the most part simply by speaking my heart on here I have seen sparks made in peoples hearts i have seen a fire begin to burn where there was none I have seen healing instead of hurting I have seen people deeply influenced and impacted I have seen a hunger arise a thirst begin and the best part is i can't take credit for any of it because while I may have spoken my heart he was the words and I have seen personally how his words are filled with life and have power.

I wonder how many take in consideration exactly how far their words go both for good and bad, our words are like a pebble falling into a puddle of water they create ripples and the ripples expand and grow on their own affecting and influencing others even if we cant see it. Every time we speak words of encouragement we are reaping the harvest every time we show love instead of anger or we show god's wisdom instead of mans wisdom every time we still the waters instead of fueling the fire Jesus is reaping the harvest and we are the sickle.

This is why I often times come to the bible discussion forum because while I know it is known as the war zone it is the best place for God to reap the harvest if one has a willing heart and heart that seeks and desires to use their words to build not tear down to encourage and uplift not discourage and bring down to heal and mend the inner wounds not hurt and deepen the cuts.
Our words and actions are likened to blade a sword in my view a true warrior doesn't fight for himself but for the sake of others he doesn't use his blade to cut down or to slaughter but to protect to uphold to heal.

I have always loved knights I love what they stand for valor justice honor words that have little to no meaning in this day and age they have the skills to kill and to cut down but instead use it to protect and uphold to strengthen and to encourage a knight even in the age of knights long ago was and is defined by what their blade is known for knights no longer exist but there are those such as me who have a knights heart and i have decided long ago what my blade is for

Jan 7, 2015
The good seed is sown, and has been sown by the children of the Kingdom for sometime now. One man sows, another man waters, but it is the Lord that brings forth the increase.

When a person is truly born again of the Spirit they then have that One seed dwelling in them, which is the Living Word of God in them, or Christ dwelling in them. (God with us, or in us) Proof of the word of God being that one holy seed in us is also shown in the parable of the seed being sown in the world.

The
seed is the word of God as shown here in
Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.” But now also notice the children of the kingdom are also shown as the good seed in Matthew 13:38 “The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;”

So let us labor therefore to enter into His rest, lest any man fall after the same example of others, who also fell because of their unbelief. It is written "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed;

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Preparing oneself for labor first comes from spending much time in the Word, not just the knowledge of it, but the heart and intent of every word. Fishers of men are not taught in classes on "how to witness effectively." They are those who see the Lord clearly from a pure heart, who listen for his voice, who meditate long on his word.

When their love and their lives belong to him - not looking around for people to help - then he moves people into their lives through many different circumstances.

And they minister to other from his presence, power and direction.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Mt 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

For the cause of Christ
Roger