Lack of nuance and increased tribalism when discussing politics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The right... Everyone who disagrees with me hates America
The left....
Everyone who disagrees with me is literally Hitler
Me... You're both wrong
You sound schizophrenic

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You sound schizophrenic
My point is you get a lot of irrelevant emotional rhetoric from both the left and the right.
When you have two extreme views, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
My point is you get a lot of irrelevant emotional rhetoric from both the left and the right.
When you have two extreme views, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle
Only if Jesus is standing in the middle

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The Right isn't saying truth is subjective. The Right isn't saying that free speech is white supremacist, and then calling the other side fascist. The Right didn't create cancel culture. The Right didn't create critical race theory, which is basically the racist nonsense of 100 years ago directed at black Americans, now turned around towards white Americans. The Right is not using this to segregate white public school students from the rest. Yes, the Left is bringing back racial segregation. The Right is not telling us that women can have prostate cancer, or that men can give birth -- and then calling the other side anti-science. The Right is not using crises to justify emergency -- dictatorial -- power grabs, or saying that it's time we "reset" the world. This "reset", by the way, is just an innocuous word for "we in power know better, and ought to be able to run your lives.. then you'll be happy". The Right does not force people to violate their religious beliefs unless those beliefs include blowing people up. The Left does this because they've chosen which side they wish to offend, and which side they don't.

No, all this garbage comes from the Left. Nothing extreme like this is coming from the Right. There are some nuts out there on all sides, but the general ideology of conservatism is sound and based on sanity. The Leftist ("progressive") side is insane and based on stunningly contradictory notions, but who's goal is absolute power. Mussolini salute anyone?

Liberals are a different story altogether. Someone like Alan Dershowitz is a liberal. I may disagree on some specific policy points, but he still believes in the American constitution. Leftists do not. This extremism, coming solely from the Left and which is heating up the culture war, cannot be negotiated with or met with in some middle zone. It is evil and must be squashed like the roach it is. I only wish that liberals would realize that they have more in common with conservatives than progressives, and stop voting these psychos into power.