last generation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
The tribulation is coming soon. God never tolerated a generation as wicked as ours. Does He tolerate Sodom? Does He tolerate abortion? Does He tolerate that more Christians are murdered now than ever before? The tares are taken first. This happens with every plague of the tribulation. Then the wheat is taken. Matthew 24 mentions the great tribulation then says we are raptured after this tribulation. Why did God tell an early church to pray to be worthy to escape?Because the tribulation could come anytime to any generation. They were worthy to escape and died before it comes. This generation is not worthy to escape by all means.

Dec 12, 2013
The tribulation is coming soon. God never tolerated a generation as wicked as ours. Does He tolerate Sodom? Does He tolerate abortion? Does He tolerate that more Christians are murdered now than ever before? The tares are taken first. This happens with every plague of the tribulation. Then the wheat is taken. Matthew 24 mentions the great tribulation then says we are raptured after this tribulation. Why did God tell an early church to pray to be worthy to escape?Because the tribulation could come anytime to any generation. They were worthy to escape and died before it comes. This generation is not worthy to escape by all means.
Just around the corner it seems! I personally believe that humanity is about out of time and that even the U.S. will fall and be judged. This country is supposed to be the biggest Christian nation and it is evident that it is fast falling from that perch. As God gets removed from everything, sin and sinful men will run rampant. I agree that the (resurrection/change) will be after the great tribulation period. Get ready to meet your God is what we should all be thinking.

SweetShelly35

Feb 21, 2012
We know not the hour. But yes this world is very wicked.

Shelly

Dec 12, 2013

Shelly
We can know the times and the seasons and without a doubt we are fixing to enter the beginning of the end as many prophesies have come to pass and or are coming to pass, including the coalition of particular nations and which side of the fence they stand on. God is beginning to gather all nations against Jerusalem and Israel which is a big sign.

The Thessalonian church was also told that it was not in darkness that that day should over take them as a thief. The universal application of the word of God to all the churches teaches that if a church, people or individual is biblical orientated with a well versed knowledge of the word can in fact see the (signs of the times) and know that it is near.

I agree Shelly that the world is very wicked and growing more wicked every day.

Jan 6, 2014
Just around the corner it seems! I personally believe that humanity is about out of time and that even the U.S. will fall and be judged. This country is supposed to be the biggest Christian nation and it is evident that it is fast falling from that perch. As God gets removed from everything, sin and sinful men will run rampant. I agree that the (resurrection/change) will be after the great tribulation period. Get ready to meet your God is what we should all be thinking.
why are we quickened by the Holy Spirit to expect the reappearing of Jesus Christ at any moment? Why does our Lord and the writers of the New Testament consistently exhort us to be ready for his reappearing? If his reappearing is as you say after the great tribulation why all the warnings to be ready because when you think not, Behold The Lord appears !! ?
I am not being contentious, just wondering.

Christ be with you always.

Feb 23, 2013
yes, the tribulation is so very close. Gods judgement is coming shortly. and even Shorter is the rapture of the bride, however most will not be ready because they say in their hearts my master is taking a long time in coming so the drink and do whatever pleases them. The great and terrible day of the lord will come up and no one will expect it, even waiting for the rapture first is simply foolhardy because the rapture could very easily happen on the same day of this terrible judgement. we have to prepare our hearts for any outcome, after all how many times did God do as he promised but not in the way ppl expected?

Dec 12, 2013
why are we quickened by the Holy Spirit to expect the reappearing of Jesus Christ at any moment? Why does our Lord and the writers of the New Testament consistently exhort us to be ready for his reappearing? If his reappearing is as you say after the great tribulation why all the warnings to be ready because when you think not, Behold The Lord appears !! ?
I am not being contentious, just wondering.

Christ be with you always.

Because the bible teaches certain events must occur before Christ can come which have not taken place yet
Because the modern teaching of immanent return was a modern (early 1800's) teaching brought online by a charismatic woman
Because the immanent return heresy is hung on a few scriptures out of context
Because the resurrection/change takes place at the 7th trump
Because Matthew, Mark and Luke all teach that OUR REDEMPTION draweth nigh (AFTER THE GREAT TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS)
Because I used to believe immanent return until the last 24 years of intensive study changed my mind
Because there is 1 (GENERAL RESURRECTION/CHANGE) of the saved and if it occurs before the events of Revelation there is no place found for the (RAPTURE) yeah I know the word is not found...as at the 5th seal a number before the throne who are Killed for their witness and testimony are told to rest till their brothers and sisters are killed in like manner--->heads cut off for refusal to worship beast--->they live and reign with Christ a 1000 years which is indicative of being resurrected...refer to bolded above.
Because the modern teaching is a regurgitated teaching in error

J

Jennyyyyy

Because the bible teaches certain events must occur before Christ can come which have not taken place yet
Because the modern teaching of immanent return was a modern (early 1800's) teaching brought online by a charismatic woman
Because Matthew, Mark and Luke all teach that OUR REDEMPTION draweth nigh (AFTER THE GREAT TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS)
Because I used to believe immanent return until the last 24 years of intensive study changed my mind
Because there is 1 (GENERAL RESURRECTION/CHANGE) of the saved and if it occurs before the events of Revelation there is no place found for the (RAPTURE) yeah I know the word is not found...as at the 5th seal a number before the throne who are Killed for their witness and testimony are told to rest till their brothers and sisters are killed in like manner--->heads cut off for refusal to worship beast--->they live and reign with Christ a 1000 years which is indicative of being resurrected...refer to bolded above.
I'm going on a rant.

I agree with you 100%. its not all that confusing. for anyone saying that the world has grown wicked...the world has been wicked since the middle ages, population has grown, technology makes it easy to access wicked things, but the heart of man and wickedness of the creature stays innate in everyone. some people choose to cast it out, others choose to relish in it.

I've been told by my grandmother for 20 years the end is coming next year, no in three year, no sometime soon. finally I decided to take it upon myself to discover and she's wrong, she doesn't know. no one can know.

there are prophecies still to be fulfilled. what we need to do is be prepared to face the wicked ones who will make us choose with our lives. every one of us will face this same fate and choice. and what an opportunity for those people to redeem themselves!

the end has always been near, its just not here. yet.

john832

May 31, 2013
3-1/2 years of tribulation. (Actuall 2-1/2 years of tribulation, 1 year of the Day of the Lord Num14:34 and Ezek 4:6)
3-1/2 years of the two witnesses
3-1/2 years of the church in the place of safety.

Too many scriptures point to a 3-1/2 year period showing that Christ CANNOT come today, tonight or tomorrow. Dan 12 show we are at least 1335 days away plus.

The important point is to watch and pray...

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Notice verse 5...

Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

Even the wise slumbered and slept.

T

TaylorTG

:rolleyes: You people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO positive!! All your talk about how wicked the world is without giving a thought of its many good things?

The gospel according to good old..... wait for it.... wait for it....
Matthew 24:36 Concerning that day and hour no one knows, not the angels of Heaven, nor the son, but the father only.

Good old Matthew strikes again
! 24:42-44 Stay awake, for you know not the day when your Lord will come. Know this, if the master of the house had known which night the thief would arrive, he would have stayed awake and activated his army of super battle droids. Therefore, you too must be ready, for the son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

You look scary, like a zombie. ;) Your white robe, the way you tilt your head, and your eyes... you could be an actress from a horror movie!

Last edited by a moderator:

john832

May 31, 2013
:rolleyes: You people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO positive!! All your talk about how wicked the world is without giving a thought of its many good things?

The gospel according to good old..... wait for it.... wait for it....
Matthew 24:36 Concerning that day and hour no one knows, not the angels of Heaven, nor the son, but the father only.

Good old Matthew strikes again
! 24:42-44 Stay awake, for you know not the day when your Lord will come. Know this, if the master of the house had known which night the thief would arrive, he would have stayed awake and activated his army of super battle droids. Therefore, you too must be ready, for the son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

You look scary, like a zombie. ;) Your white robe, the way you tilt your head, and your eyes... you could be an actress from a horror movie!
Hmmm, the world is so positive that...

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Dunno what book you have been reading but it is obvious we are reading from different books.

gzusfrk

Aug 4, 2013
yes the world is getting bad, however there are still people being saved. But I think a day is coming when there will be no others born that will be saved, dont know if there will be any church buildings, or if man will quit printing the Word, if that day comes no one will be looking for His return.

john832

May 31, 2013
yes the world is getting bad, however there are still people being saved. But I think a day is coming when there will be no others born that will be saved, dont know if there will be any church buildings, or if man will quit printing the Word, if that day comes no one will be looking for His return.
Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
Amo 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

There is coming a time when the work of God will go down and out. The truth will not be readily available as it is now. The only source of truth will be the two witnessess...

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

And the world will be thrilled when they are murdered by the Beast power.