Law of God = Character of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2011
Mar 7:19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

Eat pork all day if you want.
There is not a single verse in the entire Bible that says YHVH has declared all foods clean.

May 18, 2011
Correction, Leviticus 11 gives us what is considered food by YHVH, and what is unclean and not food. Swine has never been considered or declared food in scripture EVER. And since YHVH says "I am YHVH your Elohim, I do not change." Malachi 3:6
Then we need to be aware that anyone who declares that pork or any others that are unclean, and calls them clean and eatable are wrong. You cannot use scripture to disprove scripture. SHalom

I

Israel

Correction, Leviticus 11 gives us what is considered food by YHVH, and what is unclean and not food. Swine has never been considered or declared food in scripture EVER. And since YHVH says "I am YHVH your Elohim, I do not change." Malachi 3:6
Then we need to be aware that anyone who declares that pork or any others that are unclean, and calls them clean and eatable are wrong. You cannot use scripture to disprove scripture. SHalom

Genesis 9:3

3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Why was Noah allowed to eat anything and now a pork sandwich can send one to their doom?

This is not about disproving scripture but in finding it's true meaning. God changes not, remember.

J

jkalyna

This chart shows that the Law of God is a transcript of the character of God so then a rejection of the Law of God is a rejection of Christ
:) I AGREE JESUS WAS AN ORTHODOX JEWISH RABBI, WHO EVEN AS A CHILD READ FROM ISAIAH. HE SAID HE NEVER CAME TO DO AWAY WITH THE LAW BUT TO FULLFILL IT. IF JESUS READ AND TAUGHT FROM THE BOOK OF ISAIAH, THEN ISAIAH AND ALL THE OLD TESTAMENT PROHETS WERE CHOSEN, INSPIRED, AND VINDICATED OF ANY CURSE OF THE FLESH THROUGH FAITH, ISAIAH REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MESSIAH REGARDLESS IF PEOPLE BELIEVED JESUS WAS THE MESSIAH OR NOT. WHAT IS NOT BEING TAUGHT IN NEW TESTAMENT CHURCHES, IS THIS. GOD IS LOVE, HE THAT LOVETH NOT KNOWETH NOT GOD, HE THAT HAS SEEN THE FATHER HAS SEEN ME JESUS SAID, MEANINS, GOD IS LOVE, IF YOU HAVE LOVE, YOU HAVE KNOWN THE SON, IT ALSO SAYS WHICH IS BEING NEGLECTED TO BE TAUGHT TO CHILDREN IN THE CHURCHES IS THIS; DO NOT JUDGE, DO NOT CRITISE, NOR CONDEMN ANTOTHER, FOR OUT OF THE SAME MOUTH THAT YOU BLESS THE LORD, YOU CURSE YOUR BROTHER, OR THE PHROPHETS. JESUS CHRIST CALLED THEM BROAD OF VIPERS, DEAD MAN'S BONES EMPTY AND SNAKES/ VIPERS WHOSE TONGUES ARE ONLY FULL OF DEADLY POISON, AND NOT LOVE. IF YOU LOVE THE JEWISH PEOPLE, YOU LOVE GOD, IF YOU JUDGE THEM JESUS SAID DON'T JUDGE FOR YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT IS A THREE FOLD CORD THAT IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE EASILY BROKEN. THE OLD, OUR FATHER GOD THE CREATOR OF ALL. THE NEW JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOR AND REDEEMER OF ALL. THE HOLY SPIRIT THE THREAD THAT RUNS THROUGH THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT HOLDING GOD'S WORD WITH IT'S UNMEASURABLE GLORY AND STRENGHT, POWER, AND THE STRENGHT OF HOLDING THE PLANETS IN THIS UNIVERSE, THE STRENGHT, OF DIVINE ORDER DESIGNED BY THE FATHER, AND THE POWER AND STSRENGHT OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST THAT NOTHING WASHES AWAY, NO BLEACH NOTHING, THE WORD OF GOD THAT TEACHES US THROUGH IMPARTING US UNDERSTANDING, IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT CUTS THROUGH THE SOUL AND SPIRIT. THIS IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY THAT IS GIVEN TO US, TO KNOW FATHER GOD, JESUS THE CHRIST, THE ANOINTED ONE, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT, HIS HOLY SPIRIT, IF HE SAYS HE WAS BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN, THAN LET EVERY MAN BE A LIAR, BUT GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE. SCRIPTURE FROM BIBLE.:)

May 18, 2011

3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Why was Noah allowed to eat anything and now a pork sandwich can send one to their doom?

This is not about disproving scripture but in finding it's true meaning. God changes not, remember.
Israel, you can't take this out of context, because YHVH has declared what we can't eat, so what He has declared good to eat applies to this. You have to remember, that Yah's word can't contradict itself or we are doing this for nothing. So if something seems off then it is us who are missing something. No one said that eating pork condemns us, Yah said it is unclean and we are not to eat it, He didn't say we would go to hell if we did. Exactly YHVH does not change, therefore swine is unclean and we are not to eat it.

Lev. 11:7-8 'and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.
8) Their flesh you shall NOT eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. They are unclean to you.

Noah knew that when Yah told him he could eat the animals, he knew what wasn't considered even apart of the conversation.

If your dad tells you don't touch black jelly beans for they are nasty, but turns around and tells you all colored jelly beans you can have. You know that the black ones are still not to be eaten because he already said so. Sorry for the goofy analogy. Shalom

L

Laodicea

Genesis 7:2
(2) Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Notice that clean and unclean are there

T

Trax

You mean like how Adam should've eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil all day? Didn't work out so good for Adam or you and I.

Isaiah 66:17
They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Better leave that pig alone. Even if just for health reasons.
Jesus made all foods clean. You can disgree with Him if you want. I choose to believe
what He said. And I ate pork today.

L

Laodicea

Jesus made all foods clean. You can disgree with Him if you want. I choose to believe
what He said. And I ate pork today.

This thread is about the Law of God = the character of God not health you can always start a new thread if you want.

T

Trax

There is not a single verse in the entire Bible that says YHVH has declared all foods clean.

Mar 7:18-19 And He [Jesus] *said to them, "Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, (19) because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

Act 15:23-29 and they sent this letter by them, "The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings. (24) "Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls, (25) it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, (26) men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (27) "Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth. (28) "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: (29) that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell."

As a Gentile believer, I have never been, nor will I put myself under the bondage of a
kosher diet. People put themselves under bondage because they are either weak in faith, or
they think it will make them more righteous in some way.

T

Trax

This thread is about the Law of God = the character of God not health you can always start a new thread if you want.
I replied to what a person said in this thread. It I bothered you, I will abstain from replying in
your threads after this.

L

Laodicea

I replied to what a person said in this thread. It I bothered you, I will abstain from replying in
your threads after this.
I am not saying that you should not reply only keep to the subject.

L

Laodicea

1 John 4:8
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Romans 13:10
(10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

L

Laodicea

Malachi 3:6
(6) For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Because God does not change and the Law of God (10 commandments) is a transcript of the character of God then all of the 10 commandments are still binding and cannot be changed.

L

Laodicea

As this chart shows the Law of God=The character of God. For any part of the Law to change then the Character of God will need to change and as the Bible says that does not happen.
God’s Law Equals God’s Character.jpg

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Malachi 3:6
(6) For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Because God does not change and the Law of God (10 commandments) is a transcript of the character of God then all of the 10 commandments are still binding and cannot be changed.

Do you think that God commands that we be just like Him, in our flesh?

Or do you think the Lord Jesus fulfilled those commands for us so that we might be righteous before Him?

Maybe reading Galatians chapter 3 will help...

Galatians 3
[SUP]1[/SUP]O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?[SUP]2 [/SUP]This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
[SUP]3[/SUP]Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
[SUP]10[/SUP]For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
[SUP]11[/SUP]But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
[SUP]14 [/SUP]That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
[SUP]18[/SUP]For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

L

Laodicea

The Bible says the Law is good and the list I put shows the Law of God=The character of God. I did not mention anything about salvation and in spite of all that you still find fault and do not see that which is good.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I didn't see the forbiddance of pork on the list of God's nature.

It is that nature as reflected in the Law that is written on our hearts ( Jer 31:33)
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God did not stuff a written code into our heart but His own nature through the new birth.
2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

and

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather more glorious?
(2Co 3:7-8)

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The Bible says the Law is good and the list I put shows the Law of God=The character of God. I did not mention anything about salvation and in spite of all that you still find fault and do not see that which is good.
I see plenty of good in the Law. That is our problem. There is only One that is Good.

The rest of us have fallen short.

2 Corinthians 3:3-8
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
[SUP]8 [/SUP]How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?