Lawsuit: CSUN Scientist Fired After Soft Tissue Found On Dinosaur Fossil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chuckt

Lawsuit: CSUN Scientist Fired After Soft Tissue Found On Dinosaur Fossil

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/scientist-alleges-csun-fired-him-for-discovery-of-soft-tissue-on-dinosaur-fossil/

In 1991, Schweitzer was trying to study thin slices of bones from a 65-million-year-old T. rex. She was having a hard time getting the slices to stick to a glass slide, so she sought help from a molecular biologist at the university. The biologist, Gayle Callis, happened to take the slides to a veterinary conference, where she set up the ancient samples for others to look at. One of the vets went up to Callis and said, “Do you know you have red blood cells in that bone?” Sure enough, under a microscope, it appeared that the bone was filled with red disks. Later, Schweitzer recalls, “I looked at this and I looked at this and I thought, this can’t be. Red blood cells don’t preserve.”
Schweitzer showed the slide to Horner. “When she first found the red-blood-cell-looking structures, I said, Yep, that’s what they look like,” her mentor recalls. He thought it was possible they were red blood cells, but he gave her some advice: “Now see if you can find some evidence to show that that’s not what they are.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur-shocker-115306469/?no-ist

I don't believe soft tissue could survive for millions of years so therefore dinosaurs are not millions of years old.

Nov 12, 2015
This is very interesting. It seems this had nothing to do with religion but was...fear? So much of their tower could come crashing down, starting with the disputed accuracy of carbon dating.

Nov 12, 2015
Yes I noted the age of it too. But it was news to me because I don't watch TV or read paper.:)

Dec 18, 2013
It is important for people to know which is why I posted it.
I concur. Lol it's a nice blast from the past. Reminds me of some of the old Bible vs evolution debates me and Sir Tintin teamed up on when I first joined here. This is one of the points that was raised. Good stuff.

G

GaryA

Why is this thread in the Bible Discussion Forum and not the Christian News Forum...?

:)

Nov 12, 2015
It has me thinking of just how much may have been lost to us in the dark ages we've passed through. I mean, at one time, you would assume, everyone knew the earth was round, since it specifically says so at least twice that I've seen in the bible. And yet men died over this assertion when they rediscovered it.

C

Chuckt

Why is this thread in the Bible Discussion Forum and not the Christian News Forum...?

:)
Because it is an issue and it is about the truth.

C

Chuckt

It has me thinking of just how much may have been lost to us in the dark ages we've passed through. I mean, at one time, you would assume, everyone knew the earth was round, since it specifically says so at least twice that I've seen in the bible. And yet men died over this assertion when they rediscovered it.
They knew the earth was round. This is a myth.
They couldn't navigate the globe because the Sextant wasn't invented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant

What my professor in college said about it sounded like a slam so I'm not saying what he said.

G

GaryA

Because it is an issue and it is about the truth.
"Oh - I'm sorry - I thought the Bible Discussion Forum was for Bible-based ( read: scripture ) discussions..."

:rolleyes:

All manner of "issues" which are "about the truth" are discussed in several of the other forums. Just imagine --- if all of the "issue" threads that were "about the truth" were in the Bible Discussion Forum...

"Just sayin'..."