LDS: Reputable Resources?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
------->This question is for people who really study their bible. You know who you are. <-----

Please do not respond by attacking the LDS or me, your time is better suited in the Conspiracy Forum.

In an effort to understand both the context and the meaning of old testament passages I've been searching for various maps.

Without realizing it, I stumbled upon some maps created by LDS. One was a chart on the Jewish Calendar which I like better than the Jewish Calendar I found on a Jewish History site. (The information was the same, the layout was different.)
They also had some timelines of the minor prophets that were pretty decent.

Regardless of the fact that LDS (Latter Day Saints, aka Mormons) are considered a cult by mainstream Christianity, I know they have very thorough genealogy records that are highly regarded.

To my those who enjoy studying the bible, what do you think of the resources put out by the LDS? Do you need to cross check everything you get from their online library when it comes to the Old Testament? Or are their Old Testament resources pretty reliable? Any informed thoughts would be appreciated.

1still_waters

1 Thes 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Like anything, test it.
Hold on to the parts that are good.

Nov 23, 2013
------->This question is for people who really study their bible. You know who you are. <-----

Please do not respond by attacking the LDS or me, your time is better suited in the Conspiracy Forum.

In an effort to understand both the context and the meaning of old testament passages I've been searching for various maps.

Without realizing it, I stumbled upon some maps created by LDS. One was a chart on the Jewish Calendar which I like better than the Jewish Calendar I found on a Jewish History site. (The information was the same, the layout was different.)

Regardless of the fact that LDS (Latter Day Saints, aka Mormons) are considered a cult by mainstream Christianity, I know they have very thorough genealogy records that are highly regarded.

To my those who enjoy studying the bible, what do you think of the resources put out by the LDS? Do you need to cross check everything you get from their online library when it comes to the Old Testament? Or are their Old Testament resources pretty reliable? Any informed thoughts would be appreciated.
I personally don't think you have to go outside the bible for anything.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Why is attacking the LDS fall in the conspiracy column when it is an historical fact that it was the LDS that first attacked the christian faith by saying it was corrupted and needed revamping?
And what does Mormon geneologies have anything to do with 'bible discussion' forum? I protest!

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Anything God didn't put out will have some error in it. As the devil cannot receive truth, neither can he put out the whole truth. I fail to see how building off a Mormon map or two helps those who study the word of God, have a better understanding of the context and meaning.
I study the bible but without the Spirit of God and a pure heart, you will interpret the scriptures in error anyway.

I

inthewind

The way I look at it

2 Corinthians 11

[SUP]3 [/SUP]But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Dec 18, 2013
How can one trust anything from the Mormon fantasy if Moroni is questionable to begin with?