Learn Humility From Jesus By Zac Poonen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 15, 2013
That is a very fine presentation.

The only thing I would add is that while he spoke the truth as necessary to the point he was making that our humility is before the very God who tells us we must hate what is bad, many would also turn what he said into a tool to judge that one who cares to take time to explain what is behind his actions automatically proves he did do what others accuse him of.

That is the way of the flesh to always seek to find fault in anything.

My focus and concern is how to help others see what true humility, and thus true loving kindness, is, as was exhibited to us by Christ. And I willingly set myself out as a sacrifice to demonstrate it upon, knowing ahead what their responses to it will be so that I can use those responses to teach them and perhaps the truly meek among them might see.

Indeed, the flesh would even argue that the speaker in that video was showing himself as one who defends what he does to himself publicly by that video, while at the same time telling others not to do the very thing he is in that video doing, according to their estimation of it.

Which is why I emphasized early on that in Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus is not telling us that we ought to never judge, but only that we ought to never judge as the hypocrites who judge others while they themselves do the same in ways they are not yet seeing. Jesus told us we can in fact learn to let God do the judging by his word and speak frankly to others letting that word of God judge them. Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

If we do not do that, it is then that we are not really being humble before God who tells us we must be unafraid to die so that we will be bold enough for his truth to step out there in that way out of true love and concern for the need of others to learn this valuable, in fact indispensable, truth of God.

It makes for a poor minister that cannot be that bold in his humility before God, the same as it makes for a lack of the meekness of humility on the part of those that demand love always be cushy and soft.

Notice that phrase I used, "The meekness of humility." That comes from God's word. And it is part of that meek faith by one who trusts implicitly in the word of God that God cannot lie. Meekness does indeed mean the humility to receive that faith by all God's works around us as well as from his written word.