Leaving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

changedbychrist

Hey guys, I'm leaving CC soon. I don't know what I believe anymore and being here feels wrong. For my friends who will see this, or anyone who wants to keep in touch with me, message me and I'll give you any other contact options for me.

E

Elijah19

Hey there!

If you're having trouble knowing what you believe anymore, maybe you just need to spend some time away from people in good ole' fashioned nature. I know it sounds like a really stupid thing to suggest, but people tend to cloud us with doubts and baggage when we draw too heavily on them. Try some time alone, and definitely crack open a Bible under the shady trees to tackle the subjects you're having trouble with. Pray about your dilemmas in the loneliness of nature and... as stupid as I know this probably sounds right now... it will do you a world of good. Sometimes just being surrounded by God and his creation, but away from the crowds, is really the ticket. At least the quiet stillness of the situation will help to get you centered. The world may appear wise in it's own element (the one we live in). But that is not our world, not forever...

Also, if you're having trouble because God doesn't feel real to you anymore, maybe you need to ask yourself "Am I being real to God" rather than "Is God real to me." He isn't just out there, but he's right here, within your heart.

Ask in the stillness...

Trust me, you'll find out my friend. :D

C

changedbychrist

Thanks. But the thing is...spending time alone means that there is me....and trust me...being alone with myself isn't good either. The thing is that I have been confused for like, two years. I've prayed and read my bible and gone to church...I've gone away from people...I've tried everything. I've pretty much given up on finding clarity. Thanks though.

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
It sounds cliche. I bet you've heard this for thousnd times, but I rlly wanna say this.
God is there for you. He's around you all the time.

You know this story?
Once there was a man. He lived on the coast and he always walked on the beach in the morning with God. He talked about his struggles and feelings and he saw God's footsteps in the sand. Then there happened something terrible. The mornings after that, there were only one pair footsteps. The man began to think God has left him. He prayed to God and God said: "Don't you see I carry you?"

Maybe you have to see that God is so much closer than you can imagine.
I'll pray for ya!

E

Elijah19

So what's bothering you? I'm not gonna lecture or judge you, man. If you just need support, or for some reason I know the answer to what's troubling your mind, maybe I can help. Or, maybe someone else can, if you voice the issue.

Anyway, let us know how we can help. The problem will never solve itself, and hiding it will not help potential counselors to give you the answer.

God bless :cool:

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
Try remembering why you started believing in the first place and how believing made you feel. Then compare those feelings to what you feel now. What has changed?

Dec 6, 2014
Perhaps a "time-out" is in order. During this time-out, see if you can obtain a testimony of Jesus Christ. Only you can obtain a relationship with the Savior (no one else can do it for you). Don't take my word or anyone elses word for it that Christ lives; Discover for yourself. Prepare yourself to receive an answer.

James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."

If you do this, I believe that the Holy Spirit will convict you that the bible is the word of God, Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and the Savior of the world.

Last edited: