Led by the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josefnospam

May 29, 2014
People talk much about the Holy Spirit. They talk about the anointing of the spirit, the baptism of the Spirit, the power of the spirit, the presence of the spirit and being led by the Spirit., but say little about the person and work of the Son. Those who preach the Holy Spirit and ignore Christ, do not have the holy spirit.

The Holy Spirit speaks only of Christ and those who have the Spirit speak of Christ and only of Christ. Do not misunderstand me. Believers reverence, worship and honor the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God. But the only way to honor the Spirit is to honor Christ. If you are not talking about and giving ALL the Honor and Glory to Christ you are not led by the Spirit.

For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God....... Romans 8:14. Those who are under the works of the law are not led by the Spirit. The Spirit speaks about Christ and is our Comfort. "But the comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my Name, he shall teach you all things" (about Christ)

We rest is Christ's finished work, and worship him in spirit and truth, while under his Grace and not the law .

But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the father, even the spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the father, he shall testify of me.............................John 15"26

Are you led by the law or the spirit? "But if you be led by the Spirit you are not under he Law" Galatians 5:18

I hope and pray that your led by the spirit and grace of God and that through and by Jesus Christ and only through and by the Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. May God bless you as only he can do.

J

JesusIsAll

The Holy Spirit speaks only of Christ and those who have the Spirit speak of Christ and only of Christ. Do not misunderstand me. Believers reverence, worship and honor the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God. But the only way to honor the Spirit is to honor Christ. If you are not talking about and giving ALL the Honor and Glory to Christ you are not led by the Spirit.
Amen, and amen! What strikes me about legalists or those who doubt the Lord's salvation, as if they need to juice salvation with their own filthy rags works and merit, is the Holy Spirit reveals the awesomeness and holiness of God. Holy means far removed from His corruptible flesh creatures in His very perfection. There is no saint on earth who will not at least sin in thought, who lives in total obedience to good conscience, at all times, makes perfect use of their time for the Lord, etc. All will die of corruptible flesh, with only the merit of Christ's imputed righteousness.

It took one sin to cause the curse and fall of mankind. Guilty in one point of the law, guilty of all. In other words, you have a smutty thought as to somebody's rear, with your lingering eyes, you may as well be a murderer, too. The Lord Jesus likened hate to murder. The lack of humility that leads anybody to believe they can stand, on any merit of their own, is plain creature hubris, the narcissistic human condition that makes people want to believe they're somebody better and based in fear, that makes people need to think they're in control. Just the thought anybody is going to impress the Lord with the condemned attitude, "I'm glad I'm not like other men," is, in a word, delusional, deceiving one's self.

Yes, the more one gets closer to the Lord, the more it's all the Lord Jesus, period. If you're not, in your heart of hearts, cognizant how puny you are, in you're own right, to stand next to Almighty God, you need to further examine the Holy, Holy, Holy and Almighty Eternal LORD you worship. We can only approach the Lord Jesus for His work on our behalf, which is nothing but His love and grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Flesh is in operation when we try to pour new wine into old wine sacks. Try to put a new patch on an old garment.

Mixture of old covenant cherry picked laws with the new covenant Spirit of grace. Mixing OT laws scratched on stones with the NT laws of Christ etched on the tablets of our heart. That's the definition of 'disaster'.