Let this cup pass from me..prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

*Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”*Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”*Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter.*“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”*He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”*When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.*So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.*Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners.*Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!” - Matthew 26:38-46 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew26:38-46&version=NIV

Have you ever prayed like Jesus?

God has told you, you will suffer and your flesh becomes weak. Your heart pounds and you fall on your knees in prayer...."God take this cup from me, but not my will but Yours be done."

I know I have prayed and cried out to Jesus in my pain and when the troubles of the world beats upon me,
but God does not promise us health or wealth as the world sees it but treasures in heaven and a new ressurected body in the world to come.

Have you picked up your cross?

Are you following Jesus?

Even Jesus needed to pray and seek God's will. Even He asked for the cup of sorrow be passed from Him. However let us continue in His example and let God's will be done in our lives and not our own.

Dear Lord, we pray that you give us wisdom. Help us remain watchful with those who sorrow and seek always your will. Lord show us Your plan for our lives and help us learn to use the armour You have given us.

Help us place firmly upon our heads your helmet of salvation, knowing that we have been washed clean of our sins by the blood of the Lamb.

Place upon our heart your breastplate of righteousness. Give us faith to shield us from the arrows of our enemy. Shod our feet with Your gospel to run the race you have set before us and spread your living water to a thirsty dying world.

Lord help,us to weld your sword and cut the bondage of lies, deceit and sin from the lives of those we meet. God always help us remember that the prayers of Your people are powerful and that you bottle every year we cry. Let us then go out into the world and practice undeflied religion...let us feed your sheep and love one another. Jesus hear our prayers, amen.

A

Ariel82

I guess I should ask a question....give examples from the Bible how suffering accomplished God's ultimate plan,

or give examples from your own life how you prayed for the cup to pass, but God revealed how His will would be served by helping you through the valley.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I guess I should ask a question....give examples from the Bible how suffering accomplished God's ultimate plan,

or give examples from your own life how you prayed for the cup to pass, but God revealed how His will would be served by helping you through the valley.
My testimony is living proof how God will do amazing things with our sufferings, even now I am struggling severely and I would ask that he take this cup from me the wine is sour and clouds my faith but even though this is perhaps one of the hardest trials I have gone through in a very long time I choose to look beyond the storm and I see Jesus with arms open with a smile that seems to say see? Did I not say in the scriptures that there is no need to fear? that I work all things for good? did you not go into the fiery furnace as Daniels friends did? And was I not there in the flames standing with you?

For the love I am after with him I know there will be a great cost, from the beginning of my faith I desired a kind of love and relationship a bond a connection with him that has never been seen that no one ever knew the hearts of God and man could reach such a level. But I knew that if anyone would seek such a treasure it will come at a cost many fiery trials many times when blind faith love hope and trust in him would be the only way to survive that I may very well have suffer greatly and intensely for his sake and for all others as well but I accepted this from the start.

I do not ask that he make the storms pass by me without harm nor do I ask that he stops the fanning of the furnace, if suffering and fiery trials is the only way to have such a love with him I will go through whatever it takes. The narrow and straight road is not one without suffering

A

Ariel82

God great love is present always.

I don't seek a greater love that the world has never seen, but to learn to love the world as much as Jesus did because God loves me and calls me His child.

I will pray for you and your suffering, may God give you peace and joy unending, Blain.

May 15, 2013

Genesis 45:3 Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph! Is my father still living?” But his brothers were not able to answer him, because they were terrified at his presence.

4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, “Come close to me.” When they had done so, he said, “I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. 6 For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will be no plowing and reaping. 7 But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

Luke 22:31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 but test them all; hold on to what is good,

Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Isaiah 4:4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

1 Corinthians 3:13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.

Matthew 10:26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

Revelation 2:23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Exodus 12:13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

Revelation 7:14 I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Feb 28, 2016
for the different Lots in our lives, 'bearing' things at many levels is a constant,
especially when we are called by our Heavenly Father....it is amazing how the
levels fluctuate throughout our lives...just when we think we may be done
with one thing, we have found that it will show-up again and again and
be a confirmation of just how far we have come and grown - or not - and the
big-plus' that comes is when we are allowed to use our hard-earned knowledge
to help and nurture others through the different 'bearings' throughout our journeys.

God's ways are not our ways, until those moments are born with-in us that we begin
to leave the 'old-world-ways' behind and begin to climb the Mountain...