Let this cup pass from me.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Let this cup pass from me.
A cup of suffering, sorrow, anguish, terror, and death. Jesus fell to his knees and prayed, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou will.”

He had taken the weight of the world’s sin upon himself and, at that moment, an encounter with the powers of darkness.
Poisoning is an ancient method for punishing criminals. They were given a cup of poison and ordered to drink from the cup.
Hebrews 2:9, “Jesus Christ by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

The world stands guilty and condemned before the tribunal of God. The Lord had a clear view of what lay before him, the suffering and grieving for the sins of us all. He foresaw the treachery of Judas, the denial of Peter, the doubt of Thomas, and the malice and ingratitude of the Jews.

We hold in our hand the deadly cup filled with sin and laced with death. We stand guilty, cursed, and condemned, but thanks to the mercy of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, he took from our hand that cup and, by the mercy of God, gave us life.

And as his reward, he was crowned with glory and honor for the humiliation, his suffering, and death. And by the will of the Father and work of the Holy Spirit, we are saved from eternal destruction.