Life is like a game of Jenga

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tlite

So I was driving the other day, and like all responsible drivers I began to think about board games in general. So one thing that I thought about was the game Jenga. If you've never played it you're missing out. I began to see similarities between Jenga and our lives. I associated the Jenga tower with how we live our life. Without having a firm design, the tower topples easily, but if it's in its original position, it doesn't fall over when bumped (unless you're intending to knock it over). Now our lives when we try to take God out of some part of it, it's like we are weakening our tower. I also went as far as imagining each layer was a struggle in our life and so w/o God we remove all the blocks and added support on that layer except for one which makes us vulnerable. God can give us strength to overcome that layer but when we start to remove pieces, we become weak and likely to fall over. As we progress in our life, our tower becomes taller and taller and we need a strong design even moreso than we did previously. But if we do happen to fall, God is always there to pick up the pieces and build us back up (Hosea 6:1). That's just something I was thinking about the other day. It doesn't describe our life perfectly, but enough I thought that it was worth mentioning.