Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of a cheeseburger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AmericanSteel

So the American way of life has taken a toll on me. I've done everything from stolen money, abused drugs, lied, and pretty much everything else you can think of. Some people would call me a sinner, otherwise would say I belong in jail. Tonight, I came across a man who spoke these words to me. They've made such an impact that it not only flipped a switch, but has set me on the right course. I want to share them with you, as they might help you, as well!

God Bless!

"It doesn't matter if you've injected poison in your veins more times than I can count on one hand. It doesn't matter if you've stolen from those you love. What matters is you now know the truth, and God forgives you and loves you for who you are."

L

Lad

Amen :) I too have abused drugs and lied and been sexually immoral but that person is right, when Jesus died for our sins he KNEW what sins we were going to commit so as long as we continue in Jesus and keep up with our repentance and asking for forgiveness then we WILL be forgiven. God says He is 'just' to forgive us our sins when we ask, he doesnt mention grace or mercy though these are certainly involved too, but my point is its just for God to forgive us because thats the depth of Christs sacrifice. On top of this is the promise in Ezekiel, "And suppose I tell some wicked people that they will surely die, but then they turn from their sins and do what is just and right. 15 For instance, they might give back a debtor’s security, return what they have stolen, and obey my life-giving laws, no longer doing what is evil. If they do this, then they will surely live and not die. 16 None of their past sins will be brought up again, for they have done what is just and right, and they will surely live." And of course theres the promise that He will remove our sins and wickedness from our book of our life and instead write our names in the Lambs book of life, effectively forgetting we even sinned. God has forgotten and so should we :)

T

tif

That is one of the most beautiful truths we can ever understand. Thank you for the post. :)