Life of PI - If you saw the film what do you think about it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 26, 2013
I finished to see this movie...
I thought interesting but there is a lot of religions mixed and I don't think if it is good at all... I mean thinking like a christian ...
So what do you think?

[video=youtube;m7WBfntqUoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7WBfntqUoA[/video]

S

Siberian_Khatru

I actually enjoyed the spiritual undertone. It wasn't ostentatious but it was present enough to be more than subtle or ambiguous. Very well filmed, and I'm looking for the book now.

I wouldn't call it a "Christian movie" by any means, though.

H

Hellooo

Life of Pi is one of my favorite books. The movie was a little less raw for my taste.

M

MattN74

I enjoyed the movie a lot but thought that their idea of christianity was all wrong & understood why the main character could not find any sense in it. The story did not talk about why Jesus died for sin & neither did they explain what sin was or why He had to die for it. There was no mention of the holiness of God & His justice or that everyone has sinned against a Holy God & that's why we need a saviour in Jesus. Just my thoughts :eek:)
If they had explained christianity it would have thrown focus of the entire story though & it's a fictitious story. I always feel disappointed when Jesus is misrepresented in movies & anything else.

U

Ugly

Its a worldly movie, and, though i haven't seen it, it sounds like a typical new age oriented belief system being taught. Mixing various religions. The 'all paths lead to God' concept.

Z

zaoman32

I saw the previews and that was enough to bore me to sleep...

J

jerusalem

i haven't seen the movie but i have watched movies and read books about the religious experiences of other people. without knowing Jesus as personal Lord and Savior those experiences can range very wide. of course there is the inclusion of creative license to enhance an interesting story in both literature and film and with the technological ability to manufacture special effects the storyline if any amount true can be radically magnified and enhanced to become an entirely different story from the original. that being said i think that we have to be open to other people's shared experiences religious or otherwise. our prayers and our witness can be more effective if we are good listeners. if you are wavering in your faith it would be wiser to abstain from viewing and if you are easily influenced by such things. i would like to see the movie for myself though before commenting any further than that

T

Tintin

If the movie is anything like the book (which was good but not worthy of the awards), the religious philosophy explored therein is far from Christian and more of an amalgamation of the most well-known world religions. In short, don't look for religious instruction there, it's a load of bollocks.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Didn't even know there was a book, saw the film when it was first released, it was enjoyable, but nothing special...I certainly didn't go to view it for some 'spiritual' experience or content...just to be entertained! :p

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Pi was a Hindu boy who also explored Christianity and Islam. He tried to embrace the good principles of all three "faiths," which is not the biblical perspective. So it is definitely not a Christian movie. Wasn't intended to be. Just an entertainer with some 3D effects...

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
well it is just a film so im rather indifferent to religious messages in it as a whole, but it looked terribly boring from the trailers so unless the tiger eats the guy i dont think ill ever watch it