Like a Wrecking Ball

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
America supplies Israel with much of its military equipment, for instance the Iron Dome systems that were used recently to stop mortars launched by Hamas in the recent Gaza conflict. America also has deep financial ties with Israel, long held political ties with Israel, and very simply, personal ties in that America is also home to one of the biggest jewish communities outside of Israel.

I do agree with you though, Israel is not a weak nation. They have never needed America's direct support to fend off muslim aggression. Nevertheless America should continue to aid Israel. Israel's requests of America have never been unreasonable.
NOt quite, Iorn dome is 100% Israeli designed and developed, all the US have done is given funding for dozens more systems, with the agreement that the production is shared with American companies, which again highlights my point I was making in the previous post, that the money the US provides is simply re-directed into US companies.

Dec 18, 2013
NOt quite, Iorn dome is 100% Israeli designed and developed, all the US have done is given funding for dozens more systems, with the agreement that the production is shared with American companies, which again highlights my point I was making in the previous post, that the money the US provides is simply re-directed into US companies.
Aye I agree with the notion that much of the money we give for defense is back-funnelled to US defense contractors.

It is my understanding on Iron Dome that it is a joint venture between Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (Israel) and Raytheon (US).

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I assume this is the link you were going for United States foreign aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes the US declares a huge amount of funds to Israel, but in reality not much of it actully goes to Israel, it is pumped back into US defence contractors. The money given to Israel should really be classed as defence research. It is only "given" to Israel as they field test new technology in real life combat situations, something the US can not do. just look at the economic aid figure, its nothing!

good then.............GIVE IT BACK! :)

If you think the US paying to provide Military equipment/weapons systems to Israel so they are better able to defend their Nation DOES NOT benefit the citizens of Israel, then that is just weird?

Anyway..........GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK if you don't think it helps..........

M

Mitspa

No one who believes the bible, has any trouble understanding why bible believing Christians, feel we have a real biblical command to love Israel and I even think its apart of the very nature of God within a believer that Has the Spirit of God.

K

kaylagrl

good then.............GIVE IT BACK! :)

If you think the US paying to provide Military equipment/weapons systems to Israel so they are better able to defend their Nation DOES NOT benefit the citizens of Israel, then that is just weird?

Anyway..........GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK if you don't think it helps..........

How about we let our enemies give the money back first.The ones that hate us on one hand and take our money with the other.Then we can talk about Israel.Just sayin. :)

Dec 18, 2013
You can't ask for your money back. What was given was given. Spend wiser next time I suppose.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
How about we let our enemies give the money back first.The ones that hate us on one hand and take our money with the other.Then we can talk about Israel.Just sayin. :)
Agreed. I think the concept of "buying" friendship is inane. However, our Government has been doing this for a very long time. How about the concept of "borrowing" money from China JUST to give it BACK to China as Foreign Aid?

Insanity rules!