LIKE BUTTON!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

yeah cause i wanna like this suggestion

D

djness

How about a dislike button?

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
lol, REP is very much different than a Like button.

I had heard Robo mentioning something about a like button before.. Around the time of the crash when he was talking about upgrading the forums.. not sure what went on with that.. perhaps you should mention to him.

framester

Jan 4, 2010
I LIKE the idea.

Besides Facebook doesn't have to be the only site that have LIKES and DISLIKES.
:)

framester

Jan 4, 2010
I just checked that we do have the Search Bar already.

Last edited:
May 2, 2011
LIKE!

I Like the idea of adding to approval of a post and not necessarily to a person's reputation overall.

I don't like the idea of linking an approval into social media or advertising web sites.

Facebook’s Like Button Celebrates Its First Birthday

April 21, 2011 by Ben Parr

Exactly one year after its launch, the Facebook Like button has become ubiquitous across
the web and is still installed on thousands of new websites every day.
Facebook first
introduced the Like button at its F8 developer’s conference, along with Facebook Open
Graph and instant personalization. Through the “Like,” Facebook spread its social
footprint across the web; 50,000 websites installed the Like button in its first week, and
that number rose to 100,000 in less than a month.

Facebook’s success hasn’t gone without notice. Google recently launched +1, its answer
to Facebook’s Like button, and a study last month by Eventbrite concluded that a “Like” is
more profitable than a tweet.

Google adds "+1+ Button

Google is making a big new push into social with a feature called “+1” that is similar in
purpose to the Facebook “Like” button, but integrated directly into the world’s biggest
search engine.

Users who opt into the +1 button experiment (and soon everyone else) in Google Labs
will start seeing a +1 icon next to each link in Google search results.
Google defines this
action as a “public stamp of approval,” and it is exactly that. When you +1 something,
your name becomes associated with that link “in search, on ads, and across the web,”
according to the company. It also shows up in a feed on your Google Profile, which is
required to use the product.

May 2, 2011
Wirklich? Germany declares Facebook ‘Like’ button illegal
August 19, 2011 | Tom Cheredar

The German government on Friday declared the Facebook “Like” button, which appears
on countless websites accessible all over the world, in violation of the country’s strict
privacy rights — and thus illegal.

An official from the German state of Schleswig-Holstein’s data protection center, Thilo
Weichert, said the privacy violation stems from the Like button’s ability to track a
person’s movement across the web, according to a report by The Local.

In addition to violating German laws, Weichert claims the Facebook Like button also
breaks European Union data protection laws. However, Facebook has rejected those
claims and said any data that’s stored (like web activity from a unique IP address) is
deleted after the industry standard 90-days, according to the report. VentureBeat has
contacted the company for further comment.

Websites in Schleswig-Holstein must remove Facebook Like buttons by September 30.
Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to €50,000 (or about $72,000).

What’s unclear at this time is whether the fine will apply only to websites published within
the particular German state or to all websites accessible within the country. It’s ridiculous
to think how the government would go about issuing the fines and policing websites that
refuse to remove the Facebook Like button.

This situation is reminiscent to the recent Tennessee legislation that makes it illegal to
post offensive images online — both are examples of local governments acting beyond
their limited authority.

Link -->> Wirklich? Germany declares Facebook ‘Like’ button illegal | VentureBeat

Why I, Like, Really Dislike Facebook's 'Like' Button
Facebook's "Like" button program told Pandora my musical preferences even though I
didn't ask it to. It was both cool and creepy.

By Dan Tynan, ITWorldCanada.com Apr 22, 2010 5:15 pm
Story here:
Link -->> Why I, Like, Really Dislike Facebook's 'Like' Button | PCWorld