List of guys I listen to.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

This is exactly your problem. I don't know most of these preachers, I have no idea what they preach, but I assume it is WoF.

We really need to be reading the Bible, through and through to hear from God. That means cover to cover, with prayer.

You are hearing from men, not God. And men who think enough of themselves to post youtube videos. We learn more about God by hearing from the small, still voice, not by googling more and more videos from teachers. We learn more about God by studying the Word, than internet preachers.

"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lordpassed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:[SUP]12 [/SUP]And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:12-15

This is the big problem with the entire WoF movement. It started from a narrow channel of men like Kenyon to Hagin to Copeland. They fell for the twisted and gnostic lies that were taught.

Then it spread to the rest of the WoF movement through more false teachers, who maybe really believed the message, but weren't educated in Bible knowledge enough to know the truth about what the Bible really says about health, but particularly about wealth. I wonder if people had been constantly reading their Bibles, and studying to show themselves approved if this heretical movement would have even gotten off the ground?

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
because you have rejected knowledge," Hosea 4:6a

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Oh, and pastors and teachers are necessary! They do help with understanding. The problem with these WoF false teachers, is that they don't know the Bible or understand hermeneutics (Bible interpretation!) A good pastor will educate himself and use a good grammatical-historical approach to rightly dividing the Word of God. But Internet preachers, IMHO are just out for money, fame or are sincerely deluded about what they are doing are not the way we learn to walk with God and know him better!
Angela, I'm about to ask you something, but it's not an attack. It's an honest question.

How do you know Stevie is WoF and who all those links are? And given the gunk taught as gospel anymore, how does one read the Bible and truly understand what it means? I've read it often. I'm now using commentators, and I find myself questioning them.

Dec 12, 2013
I wonder if people in the 1st century listed their favorite Apostle, or converts who had met the Apostles. At least we have the advantage of History to read and listen to past ministers, writers, gospel singers, etc. I personally like Smith Wigglesworth, Billy Sunday and John G. Lake.
Sure they did...remember the scripture...some say they are of Paul, some of Apollos, some of Peter......and Paul goes on to say that the speaker is a no one...one plants, one waters, but it is God that gives the increase!

T

Tintin

Todd White isn't an Internet preacher. He does much more preaching in the flesh, but his main area of expertise is evangelism. The Internet is just one way he shares God's Word with others. I don't know if he's part of the Word of Faith movement, but he's certainly not one for riches or fame. He's a very humble, godly man.

Jul 30, 2015
If you dont listen to them properly that is 50 hrs or more. You will never know what they are.

We spend hrs upon hrs in here talking mostly garbage and could easily listen to them. Wonder who will be hurt by this ?

J

JesusistheChrist

Jesus
Moses
Joshua
Samuel
Ezra
Nehemiah
Job
David
Asaph
Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Paul
James
Peter
Jude

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Jesus
Moses
Joshua
Samuel
Ezra
Nehemiah
Job
David
Asaph
Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Paul
James
Peter
Jude
I'll add the Father and the Holy Spirit. They are worth listening to as well :)

J

JesusistheChrist

I'll add the Father and the Holy Spirit. They are worth listening to as well :)
Amen.

I thought that the Godhead and the writers of scripture ought to at least get honorable mention.

Feb 7, 2015
Angela, I'm about to ask you something, but it's not an attack. It's an honest question.

How do you know Stevie is WoF and who all those links are? And given the gunk taught as gospel anymore, how does one read the Bible and truly understand what it means? I've read it often. I'm now using commentators, and I find myself questioning them.
She clearly used the damning word........ she "assumes." Therefore, they must be what she says they are. What horrible mindsets we allow ourselves to get into, just to categorize others so we can dismiss them.

J

JesusistheChrist

She clearly used the damning word........ she "assumes." Therefore, they must be what she says they are. What horrible mindsets we allow ourselves to get into, just to categorize others so we can dismiss them.
Reminds me of the Odd Couple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvTwv5o1Qs

No disrespect meant towards Angela at all. I'm merely reminded of what Felix Unger said about the word "assume".

P

popeye

This is exactly your problem. I don't know most of these preachers, I have no idea what they preach, but I assume it is WoF.

We really need to be reading the Bible, through and through to hear from God. That means cover to cover, with prayer.

You are hearing from men, not God. And men who think enough of themselves to post youtube videos. We learn more about God by hearing from the small, still voice, not by googling more and more videos from teachers. We learn more about God by studying the Word, than internet preachers.

"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lordpassed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:[SUP]12 [/SUP]And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:12-15

This is the big problem with the entire WoF movement. It started from a narrow channel of men like Kenyon to Hagin to Copeland. They fell for the twisted and gnostic lies that were taught.

Then it spread to the rest of the WoF movement through more false teachers, who maybe really believed the message, but weren't educated in Bible knowledge enough to know the truth about what the Bible really says about health, but particularly about wealth. I wonder if people had been constantly reading their Bibles, and studying to show themselves approved if this heretical movement would have even gotten off the ground?

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
because you have rejected knowledge," Hosea 4:6a

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Oh, and pastors and teachers are necessary! They do help with understanding. The problem with these WoF false teachers, is that they don't know the Bible or understand hermeneutics (Bible interpretation!) A good pastor will educate himself and use a good grammatical-historical approach to rightly dividing the Word of God. But Internet preachers, IMHO are just out for money, fame or are sincerely deluded about what they are doing are not the way we learn to walk with God and know him better!
Good Lord.
Do you pray over these "inspired words" you post?.You are so far off it is simply ridiculous.
Is this what cessationism produces? You really think men preaching ,and folks listening is a no,no? You have never in your entire life listened to one sermon that inspired you,corrected you,or somehow directed you positively????

........false teachers, who maybe really believed the message, but weren't educated in Bible knowledge enough to know the truth about what the Bible really says about health, but particularly about wealth.
Rhema grads are made to memorize vast portions of the word.
The ones you are completely ignorant of.

In your reckless assumptions,you are oblivious of the healing verses,and biblical concept of prosperity,so you ASSUME there are no such verses.

Because if you did actually know the word as well as a nominal rhema grad,you would not make such reckless,foolish statements.

I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME JUST FOR YOU......RHEMA'S EMPHASIS ON PROSPERITY IS ERROR. But prosperity is as sound biblical concept as salvation,but they put way too much emphasis on wealth/prosperity.

The problem with these WoF false teachers, is that they don't know the Bible or understand hermeneutics
POT<>KETTLE
You do not know your bible sis. Nor do you understand a basic concept of heaven,prosperity.
Earth's economy is the economy of lack/scarcity. That is what makes gold,silver,or a person's time valuable.
Heaven's economy is the economy of abundance.(no such thing as lack)
This why anyone can easily preach prosperity. prosperity belongs to God. It is HIS ECONOMY.

Seems like it is written in the words of Jesus "thy kingdom come,thy will be done ON EARTH as it IS IN HEAVEN"

What happens is men are fickle and men measure other men by their wealth.
God measures a man by his faith,and his position in Christ,and his "death to this world". So to SEEK riches is bogus,as it is God who gives us increase. But "riches" come and go in any vibrant believer's walk. To think your heavenly father wants you to be broke,no electricity,no food,no house,and sick with disease is insane.

Why didn't Elijah tell the widow who was to eat her last meal and die "wow,praise God,what a blessing.I have no work to do here"

Money isn't evil,but the love of money is.
prosperity,Gods economy that he lives in,is not evil,but man's obsession with it is.

As far as healing,you attack the savior's testimony. Have you never seen in the WORD where moses held up the serpent on the pole and all who looked were healed??? FOREVER SETTLING THAT THE MAN ON THE CROSS,JESUS,ALSO ACCOMPLISHED HEALING ON THE CROSS.
Healing was Jesus main ministry on earth,and the book of acts barely has a page w/out a miracle.

Jul 30, 2015
Oh man some stuff here is so funny and some is pathetic. Anjela I dont know what wof is I also asked in another thread and no one told me what oasa is or what ever it was there were two of them oasa, I dont belong to a group. I left the last church I went to because they like most churches preach 20 percent gospel. You are telling me to read the bible and talk listen to God like I dont. You said thanks for praying for me and then told me I dont know what I am talking about lol. I listen to men becuase God doesnt talk to me all day like they do. Maybe God talks to all of you all the time? God does talk to me at times when I give Him a chance.

May 3, 2013
In general, this is my list:

1) Me
2) My friends (happily few)
3) My mom
4) And God´s written words (I wish I could listen to Him, directly but...)

A

atwhatcost

Oh, come on now! Like you don't?
One problem I have with Sparky's guys is that many of them spend more time bashing other preachers than they do helping anyone find Jesus.