List the things to do

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

I am doing a list of things to do according with bible and I would appreciate some help because due Im single then i have more time than married ppl so i would take advantage of that, thanks :)

Here my first list:

- Visit orphans James 1:27

- Visit widows James 1:27

- Made more talents from the one i received Matthew 25:14-30

- Encourage the disheartened 1 Thessalonians 5:14

Aug 2, 2009
- get married (man will leave his mother and father to be united with his wife - Gen 2:24)

- have children (be fruitful and multiply - Gen 9:1)

- love your enemies (Luke 6:27)

L

Liz01

hmmm..zero......thanks.........but as i said, i would like to do the things that i wont be able to do when i be married because i have free time now and when i marry i will put a lot of time in my husband.

J

Jullianna

visit/care for the sick

visit those in prison

clothe the naked

feed the hungry

(Matthew 25)

Pray without ceasing

May His praise continuously be in my mouth :)

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

I realize I wouldn't know if I was doing this or not. Which one of us can measure our love? Who loves with all their heart? Wouldn't that mean that they could not love any more?

So, I asked God to let me love that way, help me, MAKE me love with all my heart. Could never say that it "worked", but I feel an awful lot better about it :D

N

Nancyer

Our hearts hold an unlimited bounty of love. "Love is nothing till you give it away, give it away, give it away..." I remember that from Sunday School. So we can indeed love out neighbors as we love ourselves. I would suspect we should love them more, because a lot of people don't love themselves very much. Start loving others and you'll be surprised how good you feel about yourself.

C

CC_Bride

I am doing a list of things to do according with bible and I would appreciate some help because due Im single then i have more time than married ppl so i would take advantage of that, thanks :)

Here my first list:

- Visit orphans James 1:27

- Visit widows James 1:27

- Made more talents from the one i received Matthew 25:14-30

- Encourage the disheartened 1 Thessalonians 5:14

Nice thought but frankly you can't do it all, because God doesn't want you to treat these tasks as something you can do in a day then check off on a list. He wants to get your hands dirty and be indepth in relationship with people.

Why do you think God gives us specific gifts and experiences throughout our lives? Reflect on that and ask God to reveal to you a specific calling for you based on what hes given you THEN go do it. Not even single people can do everything in thats in the bible. Look at people in the bible. Regardless of whether they were single or married God gave them all a specific task to do- even Jesus himself had to prioritise preaching to the Jews since he knew he wouldnt have time to go on a road trip around Europe and Asia Minor in order to get round to the Gentiles.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Our hearts hold an unlimited bounty of love. "Love is nothing till you give it away, give it away, give it away..." I remember that from Sunday School. So we can indeed love out neighbors as we love ourselves. I would suspect we should love them more, because a lot of people don't love themselves very much. Start loving others and you'll be surprised how good you feel about yourself.
Right, but surely love is hard to quantify... do you think you could say that you love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength? I personally don't know my own heart, I would never feel comfortable saying with certainty that I loved anybody the way God wants me to. I have little doubt that I could always do better.

L

Liz01

Nice thought but frankly you can't do it all, because God doesn't want you to treat these tasks as something you can do in a day then check off on a list. He wants to get your hands dirty and be indepth in relationship with people.

Why do you think God gives us specific gifts and experiences throughout our lives? Reflect on that and ask God to reveal to you a specific calling for you based on what hes given you THEN go do it. Not even single people can do everything in thats in the bible. Look at people in the bible. Regardless of whether they were single or married God gave them all a specific task to do- even Jesus himself had to prioritise preaching to the Jews since he knew he wouldnt have time to go on a road trip around Europe and Asia Minor in order to get round to the Gentiles.
I disagree with you in this, Im aware that we cant do everything and God gives us specific experiences and gifts but I dont think is the only thing to do and that we have to only wait sitting without doing nothing until God tells us what to do because He already gave us his word with all the things He likes that we do and there are a lot of ppl around us that we can help and we can have the oportunity to show the love of God and when we are single we have much more time than married to do some things. Im not saying that married ppl should go away from God but single and married have different tasks :

1 Corinthians 7:32-33 " I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife"

Because what God likes is that we do good things:

Proverbs 3:27 "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so."

Galatians 6:9-10 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Hebrews 13:15-16 "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."

So i dont think we should wait and wait to do the good

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MariusAlexander

stay real cuzz