Live in God's Faith-Rest and Be Anxious for Nothing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2010
We must learn how to rest in what God has provided and be anxious for nothing (Mt 6:25,31,35). Satan and demons are always trying to get God's people to live in anxiety, fear, depression and insecurity and to be restless about the situations they are in. If Satan can take advantage of God's plan (2Cor 2:11) and produce these things in the mind and emotions of the believer, he will be able to get believers to stray away from trusting God by faith and live in their own personality and natural disposition of the flesh (Rom 13:14). This can happen and reek havoc in marriages, families, the local church and in other forms of relationships with our jobs and with others that we are associated with.

How we respond to God's provision is so important and it reveals what is in our heart. If we react instead of resting in God's plan then negativity is controlling the heart . If we rest and receive grace to trust God that all things are of Him (1Cor 8:6, 11:12), then we have the peace of God's through faith controlling our mind and emotions (2Cor 13:11, Col 3:15). To keep negativity from controlling the heart we must cast all our care upon Christ for He cares for us (1Pt 5:7,8). We must always come to Him with everything so that we can find rest for our souls (Mt 11:28,29).

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Nice piece Red,

we must cast all our care upon Christ for He cares for us (1Pt 5:7,8). We must always come to Him with everything so that we can find rest for our souls (Mt 11:28,29).
We can only find true peace in Christ. It brings to mind part of a Psalm (73:25ff):

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27For behold, those who are far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you.
28But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Wow, we discussed this briefly in Sunday school this morning. The rest of God is a pretty neat thing indeed.

Wonderland

May 6, 2010
Thank you.
I have struggled with anxiety (haven't we all at one time or another?). I would often get caught up in the 'end of world' kind of fear--what will I do when the world turns against me? What will I do with no place to live? No safety? What will happen to my family? Etc. The list went on and on. But then I realized something powerful. Anxiety is always future-focused. If I focus on what is happening right now, in this moment, there is no fear at all. I am clothed. I am breathing. I am fine. I have this moment to be grateful for, and that's all I need right now. I guess that's what Jesus meant when he said "let tomorrow worry about itself, for each day has it's own trouble."

Thank God for His rest!

L

Lalilo

Thank you.
I guess that's what Jesus meant when he said "let tomorrow worry about itself, for each day has it's own trouble."

Thank God for His rest!
Since I increased my faith in Jesus and slowed down and listened to him in my heart. I am amazed at how well he prepares me for the day. He is keeping my anxiety under control as I get use to the increase in pressure that has come upon me. You don't walk around with love for Jesus in your heart without recieving unwanted attention. More faith = less anxiety. (God's maths)

E

ed

Since I increased my faith in Jesus and slowed down and listened to him in my heart. I am amazed at how well he prepares me for the day. He is keeping my anxiety under control as I get use to the increase in pressure that has come upon me. You don't walk around with love for Jesus in your heart without recieving unwanted attention. More faith = less anxiety. (God's maths)
Hi Lalilo,
I love your God's maths. Or as the yanks would say, ( I guess) God's math. I am pushing love at the moment, and it has been a long moment and hopefully it will stay in the moment, so instead of "faith" can we insert the word LOVE. eg 1 John 4:16- And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18 There is no fear in love.But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

love
edwin

Jun 24, 2010
To rest does not mean that we are in a state of passivity. When we rest we are trusting God's provision and His promises. We believe that what God has promised and provided through grace is all we need and what we look to. Look at the following passage of scripture in terms of the believer resting...

Prov 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

trust - batach - to be confident and secure, free of anxiety

lean not - sha'an - to lean upon and support oneself with the negative

acknowledge - yada' - to know through knowledge and experience

There is a connection between 'trust' and 'lean not'. To 'trust' is an action verb that we initiate because it is mandated (Qal Imperative). To 'lean not' is a passive verb which is an active process that is not completed and has continuous action (Niphal Imperative). The connection is this, the more we initiate trusting the Lord with all our heart, the more we will lean not on our own understanding to support ourselves. This will result in the action of desiring to be instructed with grace and knowledge of Christ (2Pt 3:18) in our experience and as we do this, God takes an active part in directing our paths in the will of God.

If we want God to lead us, the first thing we must do is trust Him with every fiber of our being and never question what He wants with our own understanding. This will keep us free from trusting in the arm of the flesh with our own understanding (Jer 17:5, Phil 3:3,4). Then we must be active in hearing the knowledge of God's word and being built up in sound doctrine so that God can direct us by His word through His Spirit. This is the 'rest' that God has provided to those that belong to Him (Heb 4:1-3, Mt 11:28). When we come and learn of Him, He provides rest for our souls and we are no longer double-minded or double-souled as to what the will of the Lord is (Jm 1:5-8, Eph 5:17, Col 1:9), because He has revealed that mystery to us as we trust Him (Eph 1:8,9).

Dec 26, 2014
"....If we want God to lead us, the first thing we must do is trust Him with every fiber of our being and never question what He wants with our own understanding. This will keep us free from trusting in the arm of the flesh with our own understanding (Jer 17:5, Phil 3:3,4)..."

who wants God to lead us ? HE DOES and I DO TOO, and HE DOES, WOW!