Living with my ex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hammer2519

Sad to say, I got divorced in 2008 but, I been living with my ex wife since the divorced is this a good thing to do, I am not good in expressing my self just looking for some guidance here

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
If you've been living together since the divorce, why did you divorce?

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
I think Nothing wrong if both are at peace and comfort, living as a good husband and wife. and Jesus is in your hearts.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Perhaps you should consider getting remarried if you are living together as husband and wife? Not sure why you are living together, unless it is just more convenient.

God expects us to be married when we live together. Are you roommates, or living together in sin? Yes, even if you were married, you are not now, and that means you are living in sin.

G

Galahad

Sad to say, I got divorced in 2008 but, I been living with my ex wife since the divorced is this a good thing to do, I am not good in expressing my self just looking for some guidance here
"Sad to say." Okay. Paul persecuted Christians. God forgave him. Remember all the work Paul did for the Lord.
Paul pressed on. Moved forward in Christ.

By living with your ex, you will be reminded daily of what you are "sad to say".

Focus on getting your own place. Maybe find a room to rent. Ask members at your church if they can assist you.

Your ex is not your wife. Suppose you dated a single woman and eventually proposed to her, could any person object to your marrying her on the grounds that you are married to another? No. You are divorced. You are single. And so you are not married to the woman you are living with. Not good.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
M

mystikmind

It is either an opportunity or an obstacle depending on what the OP wants?

If he wants to get back with her, then it is an opportunity to show that he can stand on his own two feet, take charge of his life, be confident, be happy - The qualities he needs for either moving on or getting the ex back are fairly similar, so mentally, he can accept it is over and start rebuilding his life, the ex will see this and if she takes him back or does not, either way he is moving in the right direction.

If he truly does not want her back, then really, hmmm, better to separate i think?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If this works for you and the ex then I don't see any problem.

Apr 10, 2015
Curious as to why your profile says separated but you are saying you got divorced 7yrs ago. No disrespect brother just curious

M

mystikmind

Curious as to why your profile says separated but you are saying you got divorced 7yrs ago. No disrespect brother just curious
He may feel it is a more accurate description of what he considers his relationship status to be, which is probably a far greater truth than the legal technicality of it... or he simply forgot to update it! I might also say, this is something people usually get wrong the other way round!! lol