Look at the great oak tree

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have been there in fact I am there a whole lot of the times, I want to be stronger I want to grow more I want God to hurry up I grow impatient. We humans want things our way and we want it now God wants things his way and he wants it in his time which more often than not is later. He is a fan of the slow and steady which is why I think he made the great oak tree, this tree is massive in stature and is extremely strong and firm many men have trouble chopping this sucker down but trees take years to fully grow however the great oak tree that twice if not three times as long as the average tree.

We are like the great Oak tree we begin as a seed getting the living water and absorbing the sons light( yes I meant to spell it that way) and our soil the word of God that we are grounded in is rich and healthy. The one who planted that seed has already grown many great oak trees so he knows how to plant it what soil to use he knows it needs abundance of the living water and the son he already in his minds eye sees the great tree the seed will become because he is an expert planter and has already made plenty of them.

of course when the seed sprouts it is vulnerable to the weather and the conditions of the storms it can be trampled or stepped on so the planter is constantly watching always protecting it. but as it become bigger over the years it's bark thickens and the small tree itself is becoming more firm however this can take up to five years for this to begin to become firm enough to withstand a lot of what might hinder it, That is five whole years at least. It's always good to be reminder that maturity comes in time

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I remember a little while ago God told me some of the strongest trees take the longest to grow.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You don't have to be a nut to be an oak tree, but it is a start............ :)

Nov 22, 2015
I noticed that the oak tree was still an oak tree before it lived long enough to bear nuts. We are the same way - feed us the proper nutrients of the love and grace of God in Christ and we too will bear His fruit in our lives. We are the planting of the Lord.

Psalm 127:1 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Dec 12, 2013
I noticed that the oak tree was still an oak tree before it lived long enough to bear nuts. We are the same way - feed us the proper nutrients of the love and grace of God in Christ and we too will bear His fruit in our lives. We are the planting of the Lord.

Psalm 127:1 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
Yes indeed......it takes an oak like 20 to 25 years to bear.......and some only bear every other year.....sometimes a bumper crop of nuts....sometimes just a few.....even if only 1 acorn drops.....it proves it is an oak tree......!

Nov 22, 2015
Yes indeed......it takes an oak like 20 to 25 years to bear.......and some only bear every other year.....sometimes a bumper crop of nuts....sometimes just a few.....even if only 1 acorn drops.....it proves it is an oak tree......!
Different amounts of nuts at different times. Kind of like us on here too...lol.

I would say that they oak tree was still an oak tree even if it died before it had the proper nutrients to bear one nut.

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." (Colossians 2:8)

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Galatians 6:9)

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
I'd like to be like an oak tree, but for now I'm happy to be almost kind of like a palm tree.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I just am happy to be that tree beside the river, bearing fruit in season. Ps. 1 No matter what kind of tree. It is, after all, the river that makes it bear fruit. And makes it strong. Not the kind of tree.

Dec 12, 2013
Different amounts of nuts at different times. Kind of like us on here too...lol.

I would say that they oak tree was still an oak tree even if it died before it had the proper nutrients to bear one nut.
I fully agree......100%

Feb 24, 2015
Trees are interesting things.

In Matthew and Luke the stories talk about good trees and bad trees.
Good trees figs, vines
Bad trees thornbushes, briers

So it people are defensive and prickerly, tend to rip and destroy when
you get too close, they are bad trees.

By implication your teaching reflects the reality within.
False teachers are defensive and destructive of those close to them.

True teachers are loving, supportive and open.

I know people can go from being closed to being open, but it is impossible
to not be loving, if Christs love dwells in your heart.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Trees have a way of deflating the "self important" man...........

sequoiaForestCalifornia.JPG

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
I just am happy to be that tree beside the river, bearing fruit in season. Ps. 1 No matter what kind of tree. It is, after all, the river that makes it bear fruit. And makes it strong. Not the kind of tree.
And the river is Jesus, right? I hadn't thought of that!

Dec 12, 2013
Trees are interesting things.

In Matthew and Luke the stories talk about good trees and bad trees.
Good trees figs, vines
Bad trees thornbushes, briers

So it people are defensive and prickerly, tend to rip and destroy when
you get too close, they are bad trees.

By implication your teaching reflects the reality within.
False teachers are defensive and destructive of those close to them.

True teachers are loving, supportive and open.

I know people can go from being closed to being open, but it is impossible
to not be loving, if Christs love dwells in your heart.
Solomon said there is a time to tear down and a time to build.

Feb 24, 2015
Funnily revolutionary nihilist terrorists used this philosphy. You tear down the existing structures
and build a new society on the rubble of the old. The only problem is they never get beyond
tearing down, because that was the real spiritual plan.

God works by getting us to admit we are already a mess, and he will build within us a new
creation and lead us into life. There is no tearing down, only letting love shine its light around
through those empowered by it working in their hearts.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matt 5:16

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Matt 13:35

Dec 12, 2013
Funnily revolutionary nihilist terrorists used this philosphy. You tear down the existing structures
and build a new society on the rubble of the old. The only problem is they never get beyond
tearing down, because that was the real spiritual plan.

God works by getting us to admit we are already a mess, and he will build within us a new
creation and lead us into life. There is no tearing down, only letting love shine its light around
through those empowered by it working in their hearts.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matt 5:16

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Matt 13:35
Jeremiah 1:10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Originally Posted by dcontroversal

Feb 24, 2015
Jeremiah 1:10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Originally Posted by dcontroversal
Ok Jeremiah's ministry is to
"to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

Are you extending this to yourself, or to all believers or what?

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
Ecl 3:1-4

There are times of tearing down buildings and building new buildings.
This is very true, sometimes we have to clear the ground before we
can build something anew, but this is not an instruction to do this,
it is just this happens in life. Big difference.