Looking for a book for my wife

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jeve515

Iv put up 2 posts on here about my situation... my wife doesn't want to be with me anymore she is seeing another guy and she wants to get a divorce even though she hasn't brought it up in about a week... This didn't just come from no where... I failed as a husband and now she doesn't want anything to do with me... but I have changed so much and now I love her with all my heart and I want to stay with her... there's plenty of books out there for the person who is trying to hold on and fight and have faith but I was thinking is there a book for the person who wants out?? Especially a book for a woman who wants out? Iv read a book for men titled How God will restore your marriage and it was such a powerful book..so is there a book for woman who don't want anything to do with their husbands anymore??? Or have any of u women been on that side that you guys didn't want to be with your husband's anymore?

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
IS she a beleiver and knows Christ? Trying to compare your situation with other peoples experiences is difficult as each case is unique. Giving her a book to read to convince her to stay is not going to work. Reconcilliation of a marraige is a two way thing, both of you have to want it to survive in order to make it work.

Seeing as she is with another man and wants to divorce you, I think you have to face up to fact you have lost her for good. I think the term "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted" is appropriate. Too little too late, but of course miricles do happen.

Instead of getting her a book to read, which she will see as a red flag and proberbly throw the book in the bin after glancing at the title and will just end up insulting her and annoying her, how about just writing her a heartfelt letter begging her forgivness. I could say you should also ask for a second chance, but is it really going to be a second chance, is it more like the 4th or 20th chance?

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
I have just read your previous posts and it is clear that she is not a genuine believer. Unfortunately she is going to be obedient to the self centred hedonistic lifestyle of todays society, which is all about pleasing ones self and ones own happiness, all reinforced by numerous tv shows and magazines.

If she has genuinally fallen in love with someone else, who is promising her the earth and a better lifestyle, then nothing you can do will win her back.

AS she is not a believer, you just have to let her go and get that divorce. Unequally yoked couples, in that one is a believer and the other is not, often end up divorced.

You are young enough to find another wife, this time someone who is a believer, then you can learn from your mistakes from this relationship and remember not to repeat them.

Husbands must love their wives unconditionally and make them feel amazing loved and wanted every day, if you learn to do that then it is unlikely the wife will look elsewhere for comfort, compassion, love and understanding.