looking for fellowship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and so glad the Lord led you to C C!!! I'm blest to have a great Bible believing Pastor whose mission is to save souls. I would not stay in any church spewing hatred or going against what's in the Bible. There are some good online services to check out while you're looking, one is Harvest at Home. God bless & keep you and Happy New Year✨🥳

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ezekiel 36 26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove
the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within
you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”

Ezekiel 36:25-26
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
1 Corinthians 2 12 Now ~we~ have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 14 But a ~natural~ man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Corinthians 2:12 + 14

1 Corinthians 2:16

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
Unfortunately, that can happen. You may have to seek out a new circle of friends. You are welcome here.

John 15:
18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Thanks for your welcome 🥰
Yes, I think it's time for me to cut some people out of my life. Pray for me please lovely people 🥰

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
Hello SunshineGirl, along with what others have said, I think that part of the reason (for those in the world hating us) is that we become something very different than we used to be, something very different than they continue to be. Even if we don't talk about God and the Bible to them, how we talk/what we say, in general, what we do, the values that we now espouse, what is truly important to us, etc., are an affront to them, to their sinful, worldly values and lifestyle choices (as our lives confirm, in a sense, perhaps their deepest fears, that there really is something wrong at the very core of their lives, just like their consciences have been trying to tell them all along).

And when we do witness to them about the Lord, the Gospel and therefore why we are different than we used to be, they often take offense because they think that what we're really saying to them is that we are "good", and they are "bad", which couldn't be further from the truth (as I know you know).

The Bible has a bit to say about this. For instance,
2 Timothy 3
12 All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
Sadly, this is true even in the case of our family members and friends who are not saved. As the Lord Himself told us,
Matthew 10
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD."
The unsaved, those who are still "natural" men and women, cannot understand or accept things from God's spiritual POV (as anything short of foolishness, that is), until God changes them, just like He changed us, so that they finally can.

As the Lord Himself said to us about some of this (directly to us in Ezekiel and John, and then later through the pen of the Apostle Paul),
Ezekiel 36
26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”
John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
1 Corinthians 2
12 Now ~we~ have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,
13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
14 But a ~natural~ man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one.
16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.
God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy (David)
Thanks for bringing to my mind and heart God's word 🥰 so much love, hope and encouragement. I just have to keep reminding myself that it took me 37 years to come to Jesus. I used to love this world and everything it had to offer but now things for me are very different. Friends will say "remember the good old day" All I see when I look back is how much of my life I wasted. Every day I thank God for not given up on me 🥰

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
God reminds me every day that he loves everyone. I work part-time in a secondary school with 1000 teenagers and if I am honest some of them are very hard to like but Jesus reminds me that he died for them too and Julie be loving 😁

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I agree. That last church I visited opened with a basic belief and acceptance in Christ and the Trinity, but the preacher preached that you can believe in God without believing in/accepting Christ. I haven't been back since.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I agree. That last church I visited opened with a basic belief and acceptance in Christ and the Trinity, but the
preacher preached that you can believe in God without believing in/accepting Christ. I haven't been back since.
Good call .:)

Welcome!

Happy New Year 2024

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
I agree. That last church I visited opened with a basic belief and acceptance in Christ and the Trinity, but the preacher preached that you can believe in God without believing in/accepting Christ. I haven't been back since.
Some people are sadly a little confused. I remember when I first believed in Jesus and someone said to me that she believed in God but not in Jesus. The next time I was in a book shop in town I saw a lovely copy of the Good News Bible I bought it and gave it to the lady she was so happy to have a copy of the Bible i said to her start by reading the Gospels and ask God to help you to understand them. I saw her about six months on from given her the Bible in church and she said the Gospels are beautiful and Jesus is incredible. God helped her to see and understand the truth. I love the way he never gives up on all of us 🥰

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
from my point of view, most churches ive been to remind me of the people that hated and murdered jesus, than the people that flocked to him anyone else see that?
Hello! We're living in the last days that the bible warned about:

2 Timothy 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

Sadly there will be apostate churches and wolves in sheep's clothing around. But the bible also encourages us to seek out fellowship and mutual encouragement with genuine believers:

Hebrews 10:25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

So, welcome! :)

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
I have a question if someone could help me with please? Why when a person become a Christian do people hate you for it?
Because now you belong to God.
Which means full surrender to God.
And you will not compromise with the world anymore.
And your obedience to God is going to expose their life of sin, they will feel so uncomfortable to be near you.
They can no longer use and abuse you,
Because you have a resident boss now, who will be your refuge and defence.
Oh what a Saviour is Jesus Christ our Lord.
Your conversation is different now and they cannot bear it, unless they also repent.
☺️