looking for miss right.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

can u find miss right in a church.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dman

Is it wrong to go to church and try to find miss right. It's not a place to pick up ladies but is it a place to find the godly woman u seek for a relationship?

M

Mammachickadee

Can you find her in church? Yes. Is she found exclusively in church. No.

D

Dman

I agree that she can be found outside, but finding her in church wrong to try it or no?

M

Mammachickadee

I agree that she can be found outside, but finding her in church wrong to try it or no?
It's sad but true that church is full of people that one might not find suitable to marry. I'm more inclined to look outside of church than in because of all the presumptions surrounding finding a mate at college or at church. There is not even a guarantee today that one will find a moral spouse in church.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
It's sad but true that church is full of people that one might not find suitable to marry. I'm more inclined to look outside of church than in because of all the presumptions surrounding finding a mate at college or at church. There is not even a guarantee today that one will find a moral spouse in church.

Sadly this is very true... mind you, if you live I a small town like mine there doesn't seem to be any singles..well except me and a couple of others..however their about 70 lol

N

natergater

Church people are no different then those who DON'T go to church. The only difference there is is SOME church people are more mature and make better choices depending on their beliefs of the bible and where they stand in God. But most of them are just church players... they go to church on sundays, play the "church routine" game, and then the rest of the week they live for themselves! I know; I used to be that way too! Until my heart and eyes were open to the true revelation of the love of Christ! It was only THEN that my heart and LIFE actually changed! Church was no longer about 4 walls and chairs where you sat to hear someone spit in the microphone for an hour... It became PERSONAL... A life altering decision to sencearly LOVE and devout my life to God FULLY AND COMPLETELY! That was NOT found in CHURCH, but in my personal space of my house! So, NO... you don't have any better change at finding them in church as you would out of church! God creats an amazing person, NOT church!

Jul 25, 2005
Is writing the word "you" out too laborious a task?

D

Dman

These are all good statements, see the reason i have started this was because me and a friend attend church regularly and he is dead set on finding that one woman wife material. But you see God has put people together from some very weird places. It doesn't matter if she is in your church what matters is both of your relationships with God. In 2 Cor.6:14-18, it tells us to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. So yes they have to be believers in Christ but in your church no. We need to just let God guide us to the right person that he has already picked out for us but instead we want to rush things and so we go out there and settle for less and end up getting hurt or hurting someone else. So i say to find miss right just be patient and wait on the LORD, AMEN!

G

graceword

So Mr. Dman how will you know she's The One?

M

melodiemix

Awesome Dman :)

D

Dman

Here is how u will know she's the one that God planed for u, everything will just click and fall into place. U both will just have so much in common or u will just feel a sort of draw to her. And she will towards you as well. Nothing that eather of you do will stop the attraction that you feel for each other. Then the most important thing is that if you truly love and obey God said that you will hear him so you will know because he God will tell u.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
But she could be from the Left family and not the right..therefore your looking for the wrong person..try looking for Miss Left :)

(sorry couldn't help that)

D

Dman

So all said i am now going to look for miss right but in a Godly fashion and manor.

S

sunnysky31

I don't think it's necessarily "wrong" to seek a date within the church community; however, as I am currently experiencing, if it goes wrong then you are left with bad vibes at church. I believe that it is alright to search within church events for dates, but you kinda label yourself "off-limits" to any other "eligible single men/women" once you enter the dating scene at church. I dated one man from church for a year and it did not work. Now, all other singles within the entire community are off limits. It's that "bad vibe" thing, like ooo don't date her and don't date him.