Looking for unsolved answers to why god puts us through situations.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

southernbell

As I sit here today I have been going through in my head why is god putting me through so much to where I just cant handle anything anymore. Im stressed and really just need answers.!

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Hi SB - Welcome to the forums!

What is going on?

How do you know it is God that is putting you through whatever it is you are going through rather than allowing for it to happen?

S

southernbell

Because I just feel like everything is just going so wrong my family is turning against me I haven't done anything wrong. My dad had a stroke back in December of 2012 and ever since then Ive asked him why? why is this happening to me and my family? Why are you hurting me and taking things away. Its just gone so wrong.

I

iTOREtheSKY

Hi SB! I am sorry you are having such a rough time in your life right now. I don't have any magical answer that might make it all seem better,but I do understand a bit what yer' dealing with. I have had a very tough past year...everything from divorce,to getting sick & nearly dying,to my Mom dying,having to relocate twice...so many things one after the other. I was starting to feel like God had abandoned me & I didn't even care anymore. When I was in the hospital,I just felt like "so what?" if I get better,fine..if not..oh well. The thing is,God doesn't put us in any situations...he leads us through them..through life,so that we can see his power & glory & faithfulness in our lives of how he can deliver us. It's not a test. The bible says that he will not give us more than we can handle & every man has been given the measure of faith. That faith to believe in Jesus & that he will do what he's promised for us. Bad things happen to us even as believers,but know that God is not doing it to you. God does not want you to be sad or in pain. I know that sounds insane to say right now but it's true.

All I can say is continue to seek him with all your heart...it's ok to cry,yell..tell God how you are feeling,but please don't harden your heart to Him or His love. I promise,promise,promise you...he will see you through all this. Read your bible & see the examples of all the people he helped in their darkest hours. If you have other christian friends..go to them,ask for prayer,or if yer' involved in a church,seek out your pastor's council or some strong christian women there that you can speak with. Jesus only wants the best for you & he came to heal the brokenhearted...let him strengthen you...thank him for the things in your life He has done for you already...anything,even if it's the smallest thing...just begin to praise him..thank Him that He's got control & has a plan for you. I pray that the Lord strengthens your heart tonight & that he reveals His love for you so much in this time when you are feeling so sad. I pray you give that sorrow to Jesus,because that's where it belongs...he bore all your pain & sadness on the cross...don't cling to that...cling to Him.

There are so many good people on this forum that you can pray with or just talk to. Many of them near your age who are really sold out to Jesus big time,and you might get some great encouragement from them. I will keep you in my prayers sb..May God continue to show you His faithfulness & most of all His love.:)

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I wonder why people always blame God for everything that happens to them. I got a parking ticket. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME GOD!!! I'm sure he's looking down goin, it's cause you parked in the wrong place!

I'm not saying that to sound harsh, but why is this all of God's fault?? Why is it God who is taking everything away from you?? Do you think he is sitting up in heaven going... sooo what can i take from her next?!
Your dad had a stroke because we are humans, we get sick, we die. Your family might be turning on you because their butt heads.
This is life sweetie buck up, bad things happen, did you think you were going to sail through with absolutely nothing bad happening.Instead of turning on God and blaming him for all your problems you should run to him and ask for comfort, ask for strength to get through this. Ask him what you need to learn from this situation.

I'm sorry your going through such a rough time, i really am. I will pray for you when i am done typing this.

P

Powemm

As I sit here today I have been going through in my head why is god putting me through so much to where I just cant handle anything anymore. Im stressed and really just need answers.!
Hello my sister in Christ ...
I've read your post and prayed about it before responding .. I can only share what I have come to learn .. and pray that in some way goodness of who God is shines through ..
I can relate to the stress you're going through .. what I found was that I was leaning more on people and myself to handle those stresses more than I was leaning on God to be my strength through it .. He tells us to cast our burdens upon Him.. To one to Him to share and hand over our anxieties of loads to heavy for us to carry.. the truth is we can handle nothing without his help .. Honestly a lot of times i didn't feel I deserved Gods help .. Wich is so far from Gods truth ..
I think of job when I hear read stories like yours... Job was a man of God .. When God was being challenged by the devil, God chose job because of jobs belief in God .. god knew he would be faithful to Him no matter what happened .. That's why God chose Job "have you considered my servant job?". god used job to prove to the devil that no matter what he tried to do to get job to be dis loyal.. Job wouldn't budge .. The devil took the lives of all jobs family even .. And still he remained faithful to God ... God must really see your heart belle.. he must be saying up there in heaven .. "have you considered my servant belle ?" he must know your faithfulness to Him .. we never know when we will be a servant to God instead of God always being a servant to us you know? We don't see or hear the challenges made towards God ... we can only stand ready when such challenges come .. job stood ready saying yes lord "why not me?". another thing I thought about too belle .. God is always for us , never against us .. when our loved ones are afflicted, it's more of gods mercy taking them from that affliction and releasing them into the freedom of his kingdom .. Where there is no such afflictions , no pain .. In fact , our loved ones are in better shape there then we could ever dream of being here .. God is good in his mercies that way ..
he will never leave us comfortless either .. He assures us he will always bring us another comforter .. When we feel alone it is the perfect time to talk to God about all of it , even if we have questions or are angry .. he cares for us deeply and desires that connection with us too.. what we are called too is not always easy ..we don't always understand why and sometimes don't find answers until later down the road .. god knows you heart towards him .. He must see it as a good one to be called to the things you've been called too .. you will also find possibly later that your compassion in these areas will grow greater for Those coming along down the road going through The same things .. As everything works towards His greater good .. keep your heart open to him .. Relate how you're feeling .. Ask him questions and ask Him to help you understand ..sometimes when we don't feel he's near , it's when he is the closest .. he is ever present .. Always waiting for this opportunity to connect with us .. Such things drive us to a place with Him as he is drawing us all bearer to Him .. Seek his shelter , his comfort , his love and his embrace .. He waits in excitement for you .. the answers will come .. Knock on his door , seek him out in his word...

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

Psalm 91:14
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
Numbers 10:9
When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the Lord your God and rescued from your enemies.
Psalm 34:22
The Lord will rescue his servants; no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

J

Jullianna

God allows us to go through many things, but never more than we can handle if we put our faith and trust in Him. It is a promise He has made to those who trust in Him. He also promises to use even the bad things for good. As time goes on and we go through bad times, we learn to lean on Him and put our trust in Him. If we don't learn this, we will continue to circle around seeing only our problems, never growing, never resting, never healing and never overcoming.

Are you putting your trust in Him or are you blaming Him for the bad things that happen in this world because of sin that He hates?

Do you belong to God?

Why is your family turning on you?

Will pray.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I wish I had all the answers, southernbelle. I've asked that of God myself times in my life, as well as for others.

I'd encourage you to read the book of Job. I especially like chapters 36 through 42. They are my favorite in the entire Bible. Not because God blesses Job with more at the end, but because it shows me how great God is, and how very, VERY little I understand.

God can use these things to grow you closer to Him. As mentioned earlier, use these times (as well as all times, good or bad, really) to seek Him, grow in your trust of Him. No, things may not make sense to us in time. But all things work together for His glory. As hard as it seems sometimes, that is something you can trust.

S

Shouryu

I've posted this before, because this sort of question has come up before. So, it only seems appropriate to post it again.

From Hal Lindsey's book, Combat Faith:

Why do Christians endure trials?
1. To glorify God: Daniel 3:16-18
2. Discipline for known sin: Hebrews 12:5-11, James 4:17, Romans 14:23, 1 John 1:9
3. To prevent us from falling into sin: 1 Peter 4:1-2
4. To keep us from pride: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Galatians 4:15 and 6:11
5. To build faith: 1 Peter 1:6-7
6. To cause growth: Romans 5:3-5
7. To teach obedience and discipline: Acts 9:15-16, Philippians 4:11-13
8. To equip us to comfort others: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
9. To prove the reality of Christ in us: 2 Corinithians 4:7-11
10. For the testimony of angels: Job 1:8, Ephesians 3:8-11, 1 Peter 1:12

P

ptlman

First thing Southernbell, is that God doesn't put us through anything. He allows us to go through things. These tests are the things that build character (Rom 5:3-4) and it allows us to see that He wont bring upon us something that we cant bear (1 cor 10:13). From experience, I've gone thRough some severe storms and made it through. The answer to our dilemmas is found in Col 3:2. we gotta focus on HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!