Looking to Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Many Christians seem intent on fixing their eyes on anything but Jesus. Some look at themselves and all the problems that they suffer. Some look to political leaders to solve the problems of society. Some look to the Law and commandments for answers and others think that the shape of the earth is the most important issue that has to be addressed.

Hebrews can be a scary letter, with warnings and rebukes for those who are wavering in faith. Yet it finishes with a wonderfully positive declaration of faith and the answer to all the problems of the church generally and Christians individually.

Christians need to know what God has done for us in Christ. There are times when Satan reminds me of some incident in my life, even before I was saved, that was not something I like to think about. My answer is simple. The person who did/said/failed to do that thing is dead.

How is this possible? Through the death and resurrection of Christ. When Jesus died, so did I. God draws a line under my past and declares me forgiven. He includes me with Christ in death, burial (the point of water baptism) and resurrection. So I am a new creation. The old really has passed away and the new really has come.

Satan will do everything he can to keep us blind to this great salvation. He has only lies, half truths and deceptions to work with. However, they are highly effective as they shroud the truth of God's word in a cloud of doubt and unbelief. Some on the forum criticise God's ways, playing right into Satan's hands. Others put logic and reason higher than God's word. Some simply get over involved in worldly matters and lose sight of what counts.

Let's not allow ourselves to fall into Adam's trap or be deceived like Eve. Christianity is first and foremost "Christ in you". Every day is unique. Every day can be a fresh start. God's mercies are new every morning. Let's start the day refreshing ourselves in truth and reality and making fresh connection to He who is our life, Jesus. Let Him take complete control, to lead you and guide you. I don't promise that life will get any easier. I do assure you of something better. You will know the victory over sin, self, Satan and the world that we need so much.

D3vot3d

Mar 23, 2024
Hello Gideon.

Just an half ago ago I was assaulted by thoughts, memories or things in my past that I cannot seem to escape from.

I was asking the Lord" How can I erase these hurtful memories from ever coming into my mind "?
They are torment as my early life was very dysfunctional and painful with much abuse.

Thankful to have been drawn to this post.

Pray that I'll focus on the thought that his mercies ARE new every morning.

**Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Dec 3, 2023
Hello Gideon.

Just an half ago ago I was assaulted by thoughts, memories or things in my past that I cannot seem to escape from.

I was asking the Lord" How can I erase these hurtful memories from ever coming into my mind "?
They are torment as my early life was very dysfunctional and painful with much abuse.

**Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Learn to forgive first.Then learn to be patient.
With my own feelings, it is Not when you are wronged,The first thing that comes to mind is"God will punish you evildoers." Think about Jesus, the first thing he would think of would be:"God pls Forgive others."

If as a believer,Whenever the first thing comes to mind that is God will punish you evildoers, there is must something wrong with the faith.

Punishment Is the last choice.

D3vot3d

Mar 23, 2024
Learn to forgive first.Then learn to be patient.
With my own feelings, it is Not when you are wronged,The first thing that comes to mind is"God will punish you evildoers." Think about Jesus, the first thing he would think of would be:"God pls Forgive others."

If as a believer,Whenever the first thing comes to mind that is God will punish you evildoers, there is must something wrong with the faith.

Punishment Is the last choice.

I agree for vengeance belongs unto the Lord.

It is the horror of memories that torment though not a thirst for revenge on the long dead. I hate the return of these thoughts without warning tripping to the forefront of my waking hours.

I also realize it is a tool of assault the enemy uses to distract our minds from the blessing of knowing God.

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Many Christians seem intent on fixing their eyes on anything but Jesus. Some look at themselves and all the problems that they suffer. Some look to political leaders to solve the problems of society. Some look to the Law and commandments for answers and others think that the shape of the earth is the most important issue that has to be addressed.

Hebrews can be a scary letter, with warnings and rebukes for those who are wavering in faith. Yet it finishes with a wonderfully positive declaration of faith and the answer to all the problems of the church generally and Christians individually.

Christians need to know what God has done for us in Christ. There are times when Satan reminds me of some incident in my life, even before I was saved, that was not something I like to think about. My answer is simple. The person who did/said/failed to do that thing is dead.

How is this possible? Through the death and resurrection of Christ. When Jesus died, so did I. God draws a line under my past and declares me forgiven. He includes me with Christ in death, burial (the point of water baptism) and resurrection. So I am a new creation. The old really has passed away and the new really has come.

Satan will do everything he can to keep us blind to this great salvation. He has only lies, half truths and deceptions to work with. However, they are highly effective as they shroud the truth of God's word in a cloud of doubt and unbelief. Some on the forum criticise God's ways, playing right into Satan's hands. Others put logic and reason higher than God's word. Some simply get over involved in worldly matters and lose sight of what counts.

Let's not allow ourselves to fall into Adam's trap or be deceived like Eve. Christianity is first and foremost "Christ in you". Every day is unique. Every day can be a fresh start. God's mercies are new every morning. Let's start the day refreshing ourselves in truth and reality and making fresh connection to He who is our life, Jesus. Let Him take complete control, to lead you and guide you. I don't promise that life will get any easier. I do assure you of something better. You will know the victory over sin, self, Satan and the world that we need so much.
Enjoyed the read felt like it came from your heart

He really is a Christian believers everything many of us just don’t understand yet

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hello Gideon.

My family was such that I was glad to to leave home to join the military at the age of 16. 14 addresses in 10 years and Australia was the fourth country. Yes, God will will wipe away our tears if we will lay our burdens on Him. This is a promise for the future but we can enjoy a foretaste today.

What we really need now is to forgive all those who have offended us, included the offences that we have caused to ourselves. I used to beat myself up often until I realised that I was, in fact, forgiven. To forgive with the mind is relatively easy. To forgive from the heart I found impossible. Some offences are too deep. My friend and mentor knew the answer to this dilemma. He wrote this article many years ago and I've applied it many times to myself.

https://www.christianlife.org.au/can-you-forgive-from-your-heart