loss of child

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

riversong

When I was 16 I gave birth to a stillborn. It haunts me every day. I don't know how much longer I can take it. has anyone else lost a child..? That can offer advice.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't want to read and run. Losing a child must be unbelievable hard, I don't think it is something you ever get over but it is possible to learn to cope with. I know of a number of people who have lost a child. What do you think would help you to come to terms with this, would it help to get some counselling where you could get help processing your loss.

S

soccermom19

I have never lost a child. I can only imagine the tremendous pain you must be feeling. As a mother of three, I know it would be devastating to lose your baby.
All I can do is say how truely sorry I am for your loss and encourage you to pray to God for peace. God can and will give you peace. I will pray for you. God Bless you!

J

junkyardmystic

When I was 16 I gave birth to a stillborn. It haunts me every day. I don't know how much longer I can take it. has anyone else lost a child..? That can offer advice.
Don't worry the love of god will carry you back to the place he has prepared for the world.

And your child will be there.

F

FridaysChild

I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain it still brings you. :( I have never lost a child but I have lost my mother. So indeed, I do know grief that comes back to haunt the heart. We feel guilty. We feel homesick. We feel ashamed. And we alone.

If you haven't really talked this out with others of this same brokenhearted nature, that is my suggestion to you. Some griefs never leaves us for a long, long time. Platitudes seem hollow. Speculation on whether your child is in a better place is probably irrelevant when the heart is suffering. The bottom line is, you lost a part of yourself when you lost your baby.

There may be many solutions you come to on your own as you talk through this over a period of time. It's probably not going to be a one time deal. One of the cruelest things others can do is to judge the time frame of your loss and determine that you should be over it now since it's been so long. Healing is a process. It's deeply personal. And each of us deals with it differently.

Wishing you peace.

V

VioletReigns

Yes, I have lost a child. A son. You are grieving and would do well to get counseling to help you work through it. There is a lot of excellent grief counseling out there and I pray in Jesus' name you seek it out. It's what helped me to cope and finally come to terms with it.

And of course, it was by the grace of Jesus Christ that I was able to get through it and can now think of my son without my heart breaking to pieces. May the Lord bless, comfort and heal your heart and lead you to a wise counselor who can give you the tools to cope and work your own way through. Peace and love to you, my dear young sister Riversong. ♥

V

VioletReigns

I'm not too sure how to start. I'm not sure if I really believe in prayer. But I'm here.. I don't know what else to do. My addictions are too hard to fight. I'm slowly losing my mind. and I feel like I'm imploding. I am depressed and suicidal and don't know how to move on from this pain. I'm so alone.

I saw on your other thread that you are in desperate need of help. Please contact somebody here to talk to.

Washington Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Washington Suicide Hotlines, Washington Suicide Hotlines, Washington Suicide Hotlines, Washington Suicide Hotlines!

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
At sixteen, your body showed many outward signs of maturity; but your reproductive system was not fully developed.

Many young women who conceive that young have great difficulty in bringing a baby to full term. I don't know if this will help you; but it may help you realize that you were not at fault.

hoss2576

May 10, 2014
Last summer my sister-in-law and brother lost my baby niece. She had taken her to near full term when things developed quickly and they didn't know if my sister-in-law or my baby niece would make it. I don't want to go into the details of what I can only imagine was a horrific experience for my sister-in-law.

Afterwards, members of my family reacted differently. My brother couldn't really talk about it. My sister-in-law did something that actually surprised me, and it makes me so proud of her. She actually started a group for parents who have lost their children like they did. I have to admit, during that kind of pain, reaching out to help others probably wouldn't have been high on my list. Support for her and my brother has played a major role in helping them,a nd I pray you find the support you need as well.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Last summer my sister-in-law and brother lost my baby niece. She had taken her to near full term when things developed quickly and they didn't know if my sister-in-law or my baby niece would make it. I don't want to go into the details of what I can only imagine was a horrific experience for my sister-in-law.

Afterwards, members of my family reacted differently. My brother couldn't really talk about it. My sister-in-law did something that actually surprised me, and it makes me so proud of her. She actually started a group for parents who have lost their children like they did. I have to admitduring that kind of pain, reaching out to help others probably wouldn't have been high on my list. Support for her and my brother has played a major role in helping them,a nd I pray you find the support you need as well.

What I bolded in red above, is exactly why God allows such pain and loss to befall us. We can let pain and loss eat us alive, or we can put it to constructive use like your SIL did. God uses pain to teach us valuable lessons, to strengthen our faith, and to benefit others by sharing their experience with others who have gone through the same, or similar loss.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
My son was six when he passed away......that was 30 years ago...
I remember every step i took following that loss.....im here if you
need some one to talk to....im not a therapist......the only thing
is.... i lived it......my pm is open young sister....message me anytime...
In the meantime i will be praying for you...may you find Gods never
ending Comfort and love at this time.....peace...jo

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
My son was six when he passed away......that was 30 years ago...
I remember every step i took following that loss.....im here if you
need some one to talk to....im not a therapist......the only thing
is.... i lived it......my pm is open young sister....message me anytime...
In the meantime i will be praying for you...may you find Gods never
ending Comfort and love at this time.....peace...jo

jogoldie, hoss is a man..lol.. :)

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
I am so sorry......senior moment.......sorry my brother

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying you get some support and counseling. I am sure there was nothing you could do, but losing a child is probably one of the worst things that can happen to you.

Please take up the offers of some of the people here, and contact them. And if things get really bad, do contact the suicide hotline. They are there to help.

God bless!

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry - so sorry - that you had to have this experience. Just in case you felt God was punishing you for something by this event, drop that thought. He very much had His eyes on this little baby, and wanted to welcome Him into His arms sooner than the rest of us. In the Psalms we learn that He forms us in our mother's womb, and this child was His from the beginning of conception.

This happened to me - yet I did have more children. What I think about is that I will someday meet this little one I never really got to know. And that he or she is waiting for me with the same anticipation.

Bless you.
Joi

R

RachelP03

I'm sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 babies. I lost twins at separate times in which I delivered my second twin at home after my water broke. I also had an ectopic pregnancy in which I had two chemo shots of methotrexate in my back to dissolve the baby.. I did make sure there was no baby growing in my uterus a couple of times before making g that choice.

It's hard and I miss my babies. They would be 6 1/2 twin boys and a 4 year old baby girl... . And now I'm divorced starting over. I look at it as heaven is that much sweeter when I'm called home. I picture my babies and my mom and my grandma waiting happy with their arms open wide waiting at the pearly gate. My babies didn't get to experience hurt or pain but went straight to heaven to be in Jesus arms. I have my moments but I also think how God saved me from a broken family or me being a single mother. God has a better plan for me and this life is so temporary and short. I know it dosent make you feel better but your baby is waiting for you.. .... How exciting :)