Lost motivation!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tyrone19

This may seem like a very mundane/inconsequential problem to have, but it has been really bugging me recently.

I used to work out for sport (I used to be what you Americans call a "jock"), but since getting an offer for med school I quit the sport to focus on my grades. Then my focus shifted to trying to look buff for girls, and I began to get vain because I made a few muscle gains here and there. But since becoming properly christian (actually living the christian life and living to serve Jesus, not just saying it to people), I am no longer motivated by female attention. Jesus' attention is enough. However, I have stopped working out, as there is no longer any motivation. No one to impress, no focus. And working out filled the time now can be used by Satan to tempt me to overeat, to fall back into sexual sin etc; I have felt it happening.

Do any of the guys here no what I mean, I don't feel as if I have articulated myself well? If you do, advice please?

T

TheMoves

Well first things first, pray about it :). If I were you, I'd try to shift your attention to something else that you can fill that time with. Really try to find something that keeps your interest and go with it. Musical instruments can be great and soothing, even if the initial start up can be frustrating at points.

R

Roughsoul

tyrone19,

Hey I do know what you mean. I use to love to draw and paint pictures but now just don't feel the need to do it. I was good at it but things will change in our lives. Find you a new hobby or even better find something that will affect your life in a good way like for example take up MMA or karate. You will get in shape plus you get your stress out learning how to defend yourself. Or take up some classes that teach you new hobbies maybe a cooking class every female loves to see a guy who knows how to cook lol. Or since your going to med school volunteer at your local hospital or fire dep. Plus it will look good on your resume.

Think of your future and what could you be doing now to reach where you want to be in the future. The devil loves to tempt us when we are idle so fill that time with prayer and gods word.