Love believes all things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

justin777

[h=1]1 Corinthians 13:7English Standard Version (ESV)[/h]7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

When it says love believes all things what does that mean? I assume it's talking about the things in the scripture.

May 15, 2013
1 Corinthians 13:7English Standard Version (ESV)

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

When it says love believes all things what does that mean? I assume it's talking about the things in the scripture.
If a person love someone, they'll accept everything that is from the someone that they love, even the unbearable things that they does. It means unconditionally.

May 15, 2013

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

And if you love someone, you'll have total trust in them.

J

justin777

So I should believe what a person says even if they've been deceptive in the past?

Sep 30, 2014
16"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. 17"But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues.

Just because one loves doesn't mean that one should trust, We should be peaceful though..

May 15, 2013
So I should believe what a person says even if they've been deceptive in the past?
If it's in your heart not to trust them, then you doesn't love them at all, but afraid to be left alone. You need to find someone that you can love, but not be with someone to secure your future of not being alone, and which you are using that person as they are using you.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
1Cor 13:5…4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;…

Dec 24, 2014

We are made in the image of love. It os therefore formless. Some believe in Christianity. Others in Islam. Some Hinduism. Whether right or wrong, love can and will experience everything, be it good or bad.

K

Kaycie

It is literal. If you love Satan you'll believe all His lies. If you love God you'll believe all His truths. If you love money you'll believe it's the only key to happiness. Ever heard the phrase love the sinner hate the sin? Because you have to hold back some love, you can't believe everything people say without doubt or examination. But if you completely love God you will completely believe everything He says. So yes, as far as you love you also believe. If you love someone you trust what they say.

Oct 30, 2014

Misleading translation. A better one is ''Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance''.

S

sassylady

I've always felt that to believe all things means that all things are possible with God for that person

Dec 26, 2014
Jesus loves as perfectly as anyone can, and He did not trust men. He trusted (obviously!) GOD. and told us too also.

in Scripture somewhere, or more places, it is written "whoever TRUSTS MAN , I CURSE (*Yhvh the Creator curses) ...

if people only trusted God, and tested everything else as necessary, there wouldn't be any false religion deceptions, would there ?

S

sveinen

He Expect you to go forwards In Love. ..then, He Cleaned your Path Already <3 ..sometimes you have to remember you can't see Him :)
liked the sent, beware verse here! destroy hell! :)

S

sveinen

Misleading translation. A better one is ''Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance''.
please read the first translation again :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You do already know. No need for any elaboration.......

May 3, 2013

I´m prone to believe it´s GOD´s issues, His will, His ways to know "we love Him more than us" and, conversely, when we practice it believeing those we KNOW some risks: They can lie (we can too). They can hurt (we can too) but, if doing things well (more than usual) this human love can endure, bearing those things hard to cope with, just by believeing His is GOOD, and NO one else.

Joh 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.