Love is not rude

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Unfortunately, even this isn't so easy, and can't be understood without comparing a lot of scripture.

Everyone has their own definition of "rude".

If everyone has their own definition of "rude", well that's a pretty big monkey wrench to throw into things.

The bible even says the gospel is an "offense" to the lost, so even if you tell people about Jesus politely as you can,
many will get angry, and feel offended.

Unfortunately, even simple things have to be viewed with much discretion,
and have to be understood by comparing much scripture and context.

Last edited:
G

Graybeard

There are some here that display an impressive knowledge of The Bible, but take a closer look at their remarks and one will see a pattern of fruit that differs from the fruit that comes from a Spirit filled Christian with the Love of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Mar 11, 2011
Here is a truth a lot of us can glean from and grow in.
What does it mean that love is not rude (1 Corinthians 13:5)?
Well lol, it doesn't say it that way in my bul, oops, I mean English translation, it says: Doth not behave itself (big clue)lol, unseemingly, seeketh not her (another big clue lol) own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no [taketh not account of] evil;

From my studies(which just wrecked this post lol), as soon as one brings the word 'i' into any of GOD's Word, it has a way of going southbound real quick.

Love is not rude, to me means, though one may be speaking to one who doesn't believe or know the truth, that they talk to them on that level, letting them know, that even though it seems to them, that we are luckier than them, that if fact this is not the case.

But ensuring them, that we are just more blessed, as we already believe or know in fact, that they are loved and mourned over, just as much as any other child of The Living GOD ALMIGHTY.

Love is not rude, to me means, One is not prejudice, as no man, knows another mans tribulation, and @ this time, it would seem that no one has the ability to even understand another mans(by the way, this is not gender related lol) tribulation, as it would seem that, IF, one is truly serving, that they have enough of their own tribulation to deal with.

Time = Money in this Temporal World

Time = Eternity is The Truth, as the True Value of anything, is the time spent nurturing whatever lol

Love U ALL ;) just don't get your loves mixed up, or one may ass-u-me that I am gay lol ;)

Forever in Christ! ;)

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
One of our problems is people look at what they view as love and being rude but what we should do is not come to our own conclusions but look to the bible for God's views on love and what being rude is.

Mar 4, 2013
Here is a truth a lot of us can glean from and grow in.
What does it mean that love is not rude (1 Corinthians 13:5)?
this might explain it better, hopefully
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (KJV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

"unseemly"= indecent, by implying much more than rude.... compare Romans 1:27 (KJV)
[SUP]27 [/SUP]And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
If "seeketh not her own", is what is being addressed, then please pardon my mistake in miss-understanding, but that to me is a clear statement. It covers more than just rude.

Last edited: