Love Unexpressed/Waiting For The One

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
My love is not cheap, as my mind would ponder, but is a love that seeks expression. Crushes coming and going, and yet they are not the one. Is it that my love is given so freely, or is it agony pulling at the heart, by having patience for the "one"? Is my heart seeking expression so strongly in wait for the one that I must fight it? Is the love within me so strong, that to wait is torment to the soul?

I wait... and with every skip I feel as if a harlot. But it is not so... for indeed, it is a love that seeks expression, and with every sorrow thought that I ponder, I know that such love is in the yonder.

I know that which I seek, tears pouring and pillows soaked. It is "the one", with whom I shall be equally yoked. Perfectly. And, so here I am in wait, but may the passing emotions not breed within me a hate. Not for others, but of myself. I know who I am, and it is not that I so easily gaze upon the opposite sex. No, but my heart is vexed. It wishes to care for all it sees, that is its confession... so I say again, it is not cheap, but is a love that seeks expression.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
Did you write this?
Its beautiful! :)

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
Its really beautiful! And you're welcome :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is an excellent piece of romantic poetry!

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Thanks tourist. :)