Love your enemies (Luke 6:27-36)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
27. But I say unto you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, 28. bless them that curse you, pray for them that despitefully use you. 29. To him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and from him that taketh away thy cloak withhold not thy coat also. 30. Give to every one that asketh thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32. And if ye love them that love you, what thank have ye? for even sinners love those that love them. 33. And if ye do good to them that do good to you, what thank have ye? for even sinners do the same. 34. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? even sinners lend to sinners, to receive again as much. 35. But love your enemies, and do them good, and lend, never despairing; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be sons of the Most High: for he is kind toward the unthankful and evil. 36. Be ye merciful, even as your Father is merciful. (Luke 6:27-36)

So as our Lord Yeshua has teach, that we should love our enemies, and pray for them and bless them.

And what this means, is that our speak is like for blessing for our enemy, so we do not curse them, but teach them, give them reproof, so it is a blessing kind of speak what we give.

So I do not believe that we should like use the word's like "God bless you," in a man of unrighteous, but we may say that God bless you in your improve, or in the Lord Yeshua.

And about praying for the wicked ones. Our Lord do pray for the wicked ones, in cross when he say, "Father forgive them, because they do not know what they do"

But before that there was teaching and reproofing, for the man's of Israel, and same kind of lesson was what we may learn in Stefanos. He also give reproof for the pharisees, but when they desire to take him life he pray for them saying, "Lord do not count as sin for this." So again before there was reproofing for the wicked.

So it is not about that kind of pray's what many seems to believe that we should do, like every day pray for the wicked ones.

Our Lord pray for his followers and I believe that also we should pray for the holy ones, but also hope that every man do come know the truth.

1. These things spake Jesus; and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that the son may glorify thee: 2. even as thou gavest him authority over all flesh, that to all whom thou hast given him, he should give eternal life. 3. And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ. 4. I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do. 5. And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6. I manifested thy name unto the men whom thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word. 7. Now they know that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are from thee: 8. for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them; and they received them, and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me. 9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine: (John 17:1-9)