Loving the unloveable...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faithandlove

I work with someone who says she is a Christ follower. She really pulled the wool over our eyes and so we hired her. At first, she seemed the picture of Christianity, nice, team player (or so I thought) and just an all around good person. For the first week or two, this picture of niceness continued. But then, it was like a doctor Jeckyl Mr. Hyde thing, just a complete 360 degree turnaround. No more the picture of niceness, noooooo. She is now somebody I do not recgonize. She talks the talk of Christ, but is far from it. I really can't get into all the details, but after she stabbed me in the back to get what she wanted, it has gone downhill from there for us. I have tried to talk to her, mostly about our faith and God. She pretends to hear, but it all truth, I think it's all nothing but talk for her. Not walk or at least I don't see it...and I have really tried hard to see it. She challenges me on almost everything I have to tell her and it typically will end in a "one up" type thing. Not to mention, she goes behind my back and does whatever she wants to do. She doesn't want to hear anything I have to say to her and so I have literally stopped talking to her. I have prayed about this as I have prayed for her. And you know God showed me that there was something amiss at work and He showed me it was her. She does little things to get me to say something bad or get me riled up or she will say something so I have to say something back to her and she does this out of spite. Not love. So I prayed more and just put it in God's hands.

I know that there are others out there who are facing the same and I just want to ask: How are you handling this type of situation? For me to almost just ignore her, I feel like such a self righteous hypocrit, even though I love her. Now don't get me wrong here, I do speak to her, but it's just an answer to her question if she asks one, nothing more.

Am I wrong for not wanting to have anything to do with this person? Please pray for me and for my workplace as this is just so difficult. For all involved.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Hi there my friend. You just have to keep praying for her and continue to give her to God and the situation. I know it is hard to turn the other cheek and it hurts when people betray your trust.

I guess my question would be - Is she a good worker? Is she fulfilling her job requirements? If she was a sloppy or bad worker give her enough rope and she could hang herself and be removed from the workplace. But if she is a good worker then continue to be civil to her and continue to pray for her and keep your relationship with God in it's best form.

People can only play good for so long and then their true colors will come out and sounds like she is showing hers.

Praying that you will continue to have the strength to be able to deal with this situation and for you to continue to give her and this bad situation to God. Hope all is going well in your area. God Bless You Darlene/JesusLives

F

faithandlove

Hi there my friend. You just have to keep praying for her and continue to give her to God and the situation. I know it is hard to turn the other cheek and it hurts when people betray your trust.

I guess my question would be - Is she a good worker? Is she fulfilling her job requirements? If she was a sloppy or bad worker give her enough rope and she could hang herself and be removed from the workplace. But if she is a good worker then continue to be civil to her and continue to pray for her and keep your relationship with God in it's best form.

People can only play good for so long and then their true colors will come out and sounds like she is showing hers.

Praying that you will continue to have the strength to be able to deal with this situation and for you to continue to give her and this bad situation to God. Hope all is going well in your area. God Bless You Darlene/JesusLives
My dearest friend, you are so selfless to come to me in my time of need. Thank you. Well, she does her job, but to work along side her is next to unbearable. I hate to go to work knowing I have to face her. In situations like this you feel hopelessly trapped. But, God is still on the throne and He's the one in control.

Oct 11, 2014
God bless you!! So many people would feel vengeance and hate towards this women but not you, be proud of that!! You seem like such a godly person and full of love. I will be praying for you in this tough situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But god is there with you always even in the hardest of times he is there. Don't get discouraged with her actions she chooses to be with way, when people are rude show them with kindness and love. It could change her you never know or she could remain the same. Either way you're doing the right thing by seeking god and stopping communication with her.

The more you don't let her affect you and concentrate on gods love the more you will feel better. When I was bullied I ignored them and prayed for gods assistance, he helped me to be strong and to forgive those who are harsh. If you feel like saying something back to her when she isn't kind, the best thing is to not I've learned that the hard way. It's much better to ignore it will show you no longer want her harshness in your life and she will most likely move on. I hope this whole situation works out and you can be rid of this stress. God loves you and sees this, he is by your side I promise!!

F

faithandlove

God bless you!! So many people would feel vengeance and hate towards this women but not you, be proud of that!! You seem like such a godly person and full of love. I will be praying for you in this tough situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But god is there with you always even in the hardest of times he is there. Don't get discouraged with her actions she chooses to be with way, when people are rude show them with kindness and love. It could change her you never know or she could remain the same. Either way you're doing the right thing by seeking god and stopping communication with her.

The more you don't let her affect you and concentrate on gods love the more you will feel better. When I was bullied I ignored them and prayed for gods assistance, he helped me to be strong and to forgive those who are harsh. If you feel like saying something back to her when she isn't kind, the best thing is to not I've learned that the hard way. It's much better to ignore it will show you no longer want her harshness in your life and she will most likely move on. I hope this whole situation works out and you can be rid of this stress. God loves you and sees this, he is by your side I promise!!
Thank you so much, sis. You are say exactly what I need to hear, and with this lady it is really difficult. She lets satan permiate her being and whatever he tells her to do or say, that's what she does. And I have tried to talk to her about this exact thing, but she wouldn't listen. She thinks I am the one in the wrong and for that settles it. She will just nick pick something to death, but she thinks it's all my fault when things go awry. So ok...I'm done with this and with her. Now, I just need the strength to continue until God moves. Thanks for praying.

Oct 11, 2014
Of course, no problem at all I love helping others in any way I can. :) This woman seems to be completely in denial and I also believe she is jealous of your kindness. Don't let her tempt you, you are strong with god in you!! Thank yourself for trying to help her but remover you can't make someone listen. I've been through this many times trying to tell someone something important, it's so friustratig when they don't listen. But let god give you the patience to be able to handle her around you. But if you can keep your distance, and pray for her she needs some help from god. Just don't let her get to you, you're better than that and are too sweet to feed into that negativity.

F

faithandlove

Of course, no problem at all I love helping others in any way I can. :) This woman seems to be completely in denial and I also believe she is jealous of your kindness. Don't let her tempt you, you are strong with god in you!! Thank yourself for trying to help her but remover you can't make someone listen. I've been through this many times trying to tell someone something important, it's so friustratig when they don't listen. But let god give you the patience to be able to handle her around you. But if you can keep your distance, and pray for her she needs some help from god. Just don't let her get to you, you're better than that and are too sweet to feed into that negativity.
My dear...you are so encouraging. I really needed to hear it, too. Because of what she is doing, I was starting to feel my strength fail because I was so tired of having to fight the demon in her. But listening to you tonight, has renewed my strength. God bless you dear one.

LRG

Banned
Jun 14, 2014
If you hired her to do a job then it is not personal. You need to learn how to separate the personal life and work life.

Within reason you can be civil with her if you don't like her. But just stick to the work and don't get personal.

If she is not doing her job then that is another thing. Then she could get a warning or two and if nothing changes then possibly consider firing her. But only because it is work related and not for personal reasons.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, bless faithandlove to demonstrate your character to her co-workers and others , give her your mind, and understanding and sow the word of God in their heart, Amen