Luke Chapter 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gazza21

I'm studying the book of Luke over the next month and am going to be posting all the things God reveals to me on here. Doing this so I can bless you all as I do not want to keep what God tells me to myself as that is selfish. If you do not agree with what I have written, we can discuss it, as it could just be for me anyway :). Just to let you know, I'm not the biggest theologian in the world and I don't really back up what I say with other scripture. I'm just writing down notes that I feel God is telling me personally. The way I like to study is read the scripture, observe what it is telling me personally and how to apply it to my life. It is taken from the S.O.A.P bible study. P stands for prayer but i like to do that out loud and not type it as it seems more personal. Just want to bless you if I can and give you another insight into the book of Luke :) God bless and hope that you enjoy reading :)

Luke Chapter 2

Scripture - 2:51 And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.

Observation - This to me is a simple, yet profound, scripture! Here is Jesus, fully God and yet fully man, Saviour of the world and the Great I Am, submitting to His earthly parents, even though what He was doing was asked by God the Father! Wow! He was submitting to those who had authority over Him. He did not pull a tantrum like most children would, He did not rebuke them for disturbing His education, He was not angry with them for getting in the way, He submitted and did as they said. This says to me that He had already learnt many of the gifts of the spirit. For example, He showed love as He did not argue with His parents when they did not understand what He told them. That also shows He had learnt the fruit of Peace, even though He wanted to stay, He submitted and peacefully went away. That also shows that He had learnt how to be Patience as He knew that they were only being parents and showing Him that they loved and cared for Him and He would wait until the next time He went to the temple. This shows that He was also Kind as He did what they asked Him to do and did not say something to hurt them. He was also showing that He had learned how to be Good and obedient to both His Father in heaven and His parents. He was also showing faithfulness to the scriptures as it says to be obedient to your mother and father. He also learnt how to be Gentle as all the things stated shows gentleness. And finally He showed self-control as He did not have a tantrum like all other children His age would have been. All that at 12! He truly was growing in stature with both God and man. More importantly though, the way He handled the situation, even though He wanted to stay, was a witness to people as it said, "And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart." The way you act, can be more of a witness than the things you say.

Application - Wow, I did not expect to get all that out of that small scripture! This is a big one for me again as I want what to do what I want to do and I get stressed out if I can't. How childish!! The way I can apply this scripture to my life is by spending my time around people that show the fruits of the Spirit, reading and meditating on the Word and asking and seeking for more of the fruits of the Spirit.