Lusting

• Thread starter One_of_Davids_Mighty_Men
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

One_of_Davids_Mighty_Men

I'm a 24 year old. I think one of my mom's friends is really pretty. She's 39. I have lusted over her multiple times. I don't know what to do to stop and I have no one to talk to. Does anyone have any advice?

C

crissy17

Remember, you need to master your behavior, or else sin will master it for you. Even a good thing can become sinful without the right heart.Obviously, this has been a pattern of behavior and sin in your life. Satan knows your weakness.. We do live in this world and we can't completely and totally shut ourselves off from it, but we can protect ourselves as best we can. Your feelings are natural, intimacy is what most people crave, but God set it up and put restrictions on it, but He doesn't give you more than you can handle, so this is something that you can get through.

Prayer. Sometimes you may feel like it's not working, or God isn't hearing you, but He is, He knows your needs and what you're going through, so keep praying and asking Him for the strength to get through each test. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

The Word of God. Get into the Word. Let it constantly renew your mind and cover your mind. Capture any lustful thoughts as soon as you can and cast them out in the name of Jesus. (2 Corinthians 10:5) By knowing the Word and using it/ meditate it,it can overcome your thoughts of lust works.With Christ you can overcome these temptations and lust because His Spirit lives in you!.So God bless u..

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I agree with crissy, I'll just add on by quoting the first part of 2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, ..."
Draw closer to God and seek Him first and He shall make you righteous. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 tells us that you have been given the weapons and authority even over imaginations, thoughts and disobedience. You are free from all sin and whenever you are tempted in any way, resist those thoughts and call upon God to help you break free. God bless

Jun 24, 2010
Having a lust problem toward the opposite sex is a youthful lust that can start very early in childhood. Usually the child has no helpful communication from the parents in this area and the child cultivates this habit with their eyes. This youthful pattern inhibits them from developing good and healthy relationships with the opposite sex. For young men who have this problem they become insecure and act strange around young attractive woman and are very inhibited or they become bold and obnoxious with their reckless behavior. For young woman with this problem they become introverted and involve themselves with other men through their imaginations and build emotional attachments. Other woman go in the opposite direction through insecurity of not being loved and make themselves available to a variety of young and older men later on.

Most of these involve themselves with masturbation, some early and some later, to gratify this sensual craving and lust pattern that involves and consumes their imaginations and thought life. If effects them in their education, at home, on the job and when they are with others. It has the potential to consume the person's passions to the point of living with absolutely no control over that urge and desire being driven to fulfill as a constant appetite. They have no power when they are tempted and when they fail they live in a measure of guilt in their conscience. There are other lust patterns that have the some overpowering effect and dominion over people, but all have one purpose and that is fulfill and gratify self and the flesh.

I am going to leave it there for others to comment, if they choose, and see what kind of wisdom can be offered that deals with this lust pattern and other lust patterns that every single believer has a problem with or has had a problem with. One last point. Does God through His wisdom restrict a believer from overcoming a certain lust pattern so that they will have to come to Him in their weakness and receive grace? In the wisdom of God, does that believer learn how that His grace is sufficient for them in all things and that God has a plan for each believer to make His strength perfect in their weakness? Is that in your Bible? Look it up.

Perhaps someone would like to bring up (2Tim 2:22) and speak to this instruction that Paul gave to young unmarried Timothy.

K

Kyouken

James 4:7 - "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Most of what I had to say has been said.
Just stick your nose in the Word and keep your mind on Him.

The rest of it:
The beginning of spiritual warfare is your thought life. You aren't tempted with what you don't think. Therefore, walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). You walk in the Spirit by becoming spiritually minded. You do that by keeping your mind on Him. We as humans act based on the decisions we make in our mind, so if we're spiritually minded we'll make good decisions, whereas if we are carnally minded, we'll make bad decisions.

D

dishchat

Is she alone or married? Do you love her or it is only lust?
First of all, you must be sure of your feelings. If you are a prisoner of lust, be a prisoner of Christ and there is only one way,Pray unto God. Be full of the Holy Spirit. Make all that you can do to be away from her.Pray, God will sent you someone to love.God will give you, if you ask him someone who is in his will.

U

Ugly

Is she alone or married? Do you love her or it is only lust?
First of all, you must be sure of your feelings. If you are a prisoner of lust, be a prisoner of Christ and there is only one way,Pray unto God. Be full of the Holy Spirit. Make all that you can do to be away from her.Pray, God will sent you someone to love.God will give you, if you ask him someone who is in his will.

The answer is right there in the original post, ''I have lusted over her multiple times.''

Also, praying for 'someone to love' does not necessarily resolve lust issues. It would actually be unwise to get involved with someone while struggling with lust.

D

dishchat

The answer is right there in the original post, ''I have lusted over her multiple times.''

Also, praying for 'someone to love' does not necessarily resolve lust issues. It would actually be unwise to get involved with someone while struggling with lust.
If God gives you a person to love, you will really love that person without lust on anyone. Love never fails

U

Ugly

If God gives you a person to love, you will really love that person without lust on anyone. Love never fails
Yeah, that really has no bearing on what i was saying. I was pointing out that the question you asked was already answered in the original post. I didn't say anything about God or love.

Feb 4, 2012
What could possibly go wrong? God loves you and doesn't condemn you.

Just for the sake of an interesting conversation I'm going to Imagine doing the last thing you'd ever do and going to the woman and blatantly telling her how you felt.
0. (Least likely) the world ends somehow
1. She is very conservative and stupid and freaks out but isn't really hurt or anything just annoyed and might be secretly flattered and goes home feeling younger and somewhat awkward and looks in the mirror a lot that night. And nothing comes from it really. maybe she thinks its hilarious. maybe she for some reason cant deal with it and then tells your mom and then your mom says she's sorry you've been so stressed about it and she loves you why didn't you come tell her. or maybe she grounds you.
2. She's a woman just like your mom and would probably have comforting and motherly things to say to you about your natural feelings and then you would cry on her shoulder cos you were so stressed out and god it off your chest finally and she didn't hold it against you and you feel better.
3. She's some ole midnight toker who just laughs at you and flirts back but doesn't mean anything by it except that she's been around the block a few times and knows how guys are and just wants you to be comfortable with yourself but it wouldn't lead anywhere and you both know it and end up laughing about it in later years.
4. She likes you in a romantic way and then your fantasy comes true guilt free cos then you can run tell your mom that her friend is a bad news.

I wouldn't suggest actually doing that or anything, but if those are the worst things that can happen and that you can do then why don't you tell your mom if you are close, and just let her comfort you. Or you can tell a pastor. It helps to talk about it. After you get it off your chest, it will probably not seem like a big deal anymore. And remember, no matter how you feel about that woman, you are the one in control. you don't even have to avoid her. it just takes practice sometimes to deal with emotions that are in your mind. but God will help you do it step by step if you ask Him and one day it will not seem like such a stumbling block. nothing is impossible with Christ!