Macbook users! Tekkie question about Chat rooms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 15, 2013
Hello all Macbook users!

I can log into this site - obviously - But I am unable to load the chat rooms! A new window opens with Bible gateway on the right and a picture on the left. Christian Chat.com appears in a square box in the middle of the chat screen with a loading bar underneath. Once the bar disappears it leaves a very pretty picture but nothing else.

Anyone got any idea's as to why this might be happening?

Grace and Peace.

U

Ugly

Me... again... If no one is able to help you by today or tomorrow try contacting 1_still_waters. He is an admin here and might have some ideas. Not sure of his exact knowledge, but he's high up on the ladder here and may know more. I didn't suggest this sooner because i think they want to try and get people to use this section first. But since you're not getting answers, then it may be time to consider going that route.
To contact him try going in the Chats to find him (;)) and if that doesn't work, scroll to the top of the page, find the Quick Links button in the dark blue bar. Clicking that will open a few options, one is 'View Site Leaders', and the list will open. Just find 1_still_waters and there should be an option to contact him or go to his profile and there will be a button there to send him a message.

raincloud

Jun 6, 2010
Have you received an answer? I'm having similar problems and do not want to put Windows on my Mac.

raincloud

Jun 6, 2010
I tried contacting 1_still_waters and CC says "User not found" Is there anyone else I could ask for help with this?

raincloud

Jun 6, 2010
Not finding the solution to the issues I'm experiencing. If any admin have a troubleshooting guide of common issues that could be stickied, I'd appreciate it. There seem to be a lot of issues in the forum that are going unresolved in regards to Mac compatibility.

Thanks

raincloud

Jun 6, 2010
I did figure out that it was the network I was on, I believe not allowing me on. However, now I am at a different location, where I have tested the network and it allowed me to be in the chat before, and now it won't. Would still really appreciate a troubleshooting sticky for anyone that is familiar with tech problems with this site on a mac. Thank you guys.

raincloud

Jun 6, 2010
Java update, it appeeeeeears. Got it to work again.

J

jimmydiggs

Get something better than a mac.