Made a horrible mistake and now I think I'm paying for it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2014
Can't be mad at anyone but myself right now. I'm dealing with some kind of health scare right now as a result of some bad choices I made 3 weeks ago. Not even exactly sure what's going on except I've been depressed and laying in bed everyday. I have no energy to do anything and have been having suicidal ideations yet again.

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
Can't be mad at anyone but myself right now. I'm dealing with some kind of health scare right now as a result of some bad choices I made 3 weeks ago. Not even exactly sure what's going on except I've been depressed and laying in bed everyday. I have no energy to do anything and have been having suicidal ideations yet again.
Cry out to the Lord. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Realize there is nothing good in you, and that you must trust in Christ for salvation from sin and death. Repent of your sins and put your faith in Jesus, as you would in a parachute before jumping out of a plane.

I will pray for you.

Apr 8, 2023
Hello Gemmy,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I have often been where you are right now many times in my life, and from experience I can honestly tell you, that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and that there is no such thing as a mistake. That said, please understand and know that God understands what you are going through (in fact, God already knew you would do what you did–before you even thought about doing it). He allowed you to utilize your "Free Will" which He had given you so you could make the choice you've made (whether right or wrong–good or bad). Now, God allowed you to make the choices you've made for a reason. What is the reason and the lesson you need to learn from the situation you're in is "The Key and The Answer" to your troubles/problem. Here are some possible thoughts you might want to consider as an answer and or solution to your situation:

1. God is trying to speak to you through the situation you are in. So, listen carefully with your heart, intellect and spirit.

2. God maybe punishing you for what you have done, so that you will know that it is wrong and that you shouldn't do it again.

3. God wants you to turn away from others support (including yourself) and turn to Him for EVERYTHING you need.

4. God is TESTING your faith in Him and His power to help and heal you (if it's His will to do so; if not, then He won't).

5. God maybe preparing you for His task, work or ministry which may require you to be humble and experienced from this situation.

6. God is possibly saving your (spiritual and spiritual) life by allowing you to go through what you're going through.

7. God wants to see how you will handle the situation. Will you handle it His way or your way; or in a good or bad way?

And finally, God wants you to ALWAYS give Him thanks and praise for EVERYTHING that He allows to happen to you and for you (whether or not you or others think it is good or bad). Accept what God allows for you and God will show and or tell you His plan for your situation and life. This His SHALL do, IF you trust Him by faith in Him and His Almighty Power. Amen. HalleluYah!

Also, please read about Job's; Jonah's; Joseph's; Moses', the Hebrews or Children of Israel; Christ Jesus'; the Disciples; the Apostles; etc. misfortunes in both the Old and New Testaments and be encouraged from their life's troubles, problems and losses. And know that God hasn't forgotten or forsaken you in you time of trouble or need, just like He never forgotten or forsaken any of His people and children in or outside the Bible, NEVER–EVER. Amen. HalleluYah!

I'm praying for you Gemmy, and God will bless and help you, IF you REPENT (stop doing or committing) your sins ALL of them. I mean, DO NOT willfully commit them, because you will always sin (accidentally or unknowingly) until God convicts your conscious, heart and soul of your sins (i.e., of what you've done wrong or whenever you break or disobey God's laws and commandments). Amen.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
I am sorry for your health situation, did you see a doctor? if not please do so

Peace and health be with you!

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I will certainly keep this in mind for prayer. Goodness. Keep us updated and don't hand the enemy a victory by killing yourself.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Here's a thought: You may have a physical malady of some sort, but you also may have a spiritual malady -- depending on what your sin was.

I was listening to a Charlie Kirk podcast, and he interviewed a priest who was an exorcist. He said he had a man visit him over depression and low energy after he had a sexual encounter with a woman. The priest determined that the man had become one flesh with a woman who was possessed or oppressed by something demonic. That then became his affliction too.

He worked with the man to eliminate the demonic presence, and he was eventually freed.

Just a thought?

Apr 30, 2014
I appreciate you all but I’m done with this website. I’ve learned that telling my problems to strangers on the internet is a waste of time. God bless you all but I’ll trust the people close to me that have been there over people who don’t know a thing about me or my life.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I appreciate you all but I’m done with this website. I’ve learned that telling my problems to strangers on the internet is a waste of time. God bless you all but I’ll trust the people close to me that have been there over people who don’t know a thing about me or my life.
Well, sorry, but a) one person's comments should not impact you so, and b) I was not accusing you of fornicating (I don't really care what you did), but what I said was "...depending on what your sin was." You obviously missed that conditional statement.

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
You do have to remember you're making yourself vulnerable by what you said in your OP. You'll get caring people and critical people, and you may confuse the two. But I'm pretty sure you'll be in some people's prayers.